chanel for moms?

The Cabas! You can toss it around and not have to worry. If you get the Baby Cabas, make sure it goes over your winter coat. (If you use a winter coat.)

My vote is for the GST. Its huge, boxy, very roomy, classic, hangs great on your shoulders. It comes in a variety of colors to choose from. I love that bag because you could just fit everything in there. The cambon large tote is great too, very lightweight. but for more room, definitely the GST. :tup:

how about the cloudy bundle? (i just got one and i think it's absolutely gorgeous!) the leather is super smooshy and gorgeous and it's roomy enough for all your stuff.

Is the Cabas Heavy?

I have the dark silver baby cabas and it's great for my 4 months old baby. Put a few nappies and other nappy changing things. Easy to access as it's opened and doesn't require another hand to open a zipper or anything. drag and drop stuff in and out, the leather is very tough too!!
Weigh wise, its not very heavy but has some weigh to it..I use it when I don't carry a pram, otherwise, i will use a small flap just to put wallets and phone.

Although I love many of the Chanels, I just feel they are very dressy for a mom running around with little ones. I have three little ones myself, but I would only feel great carrying one if my wardrobe matched the look of the Chanel. For me, it doesn't work to carry a Chanel. My clothing just seems too "dressed down" to work with a Chanel when I am running with little ones.

If I had to choose a bag I would probably suggest the large classic tote for you. It is lovely and you will have it for several years! Enjoy.

I too am a stay-at-home with a 2 and 3 year-old. As much as I absolutley adore Chanel, I must admit that some bags are not meant for my lifestyle. My Cambon tote is a great size. It can hold sippy cups, snacks, etc. However, I've had it for less than a year and the bottom corners are getting pretty roughed up. I have two other Chanel bags that I carry occassionally and the bottom corners of those are showing wear too. I think the high-quality, soft leathers of some Chanels are more easily damaged. I am pretty careful with my bags too. I think the caviar leathers of the medallion totes or shopping totes hold up the best and the style is great. The Medallion tote has rigid leather handles that you can easily throw over your shoulder where the shoppers have the chain handles that take a little more work to throw over your shoulder. It's all about ease of use when getting out of the car and walking through a busy parking lot with two toddlers...

The cambon tote would be perfect for you. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Outdoor Ligne. Wears like IRON! Check the reference sub-forum for pics.

BTW, there are a ton of SAHM's on this forum - welcome!

I love my black GST w/ SH. I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys and GST is so versatile, it's my everyday bag. I use it for shopping, meet friends or at the park for my kids after school sports activities. I use the zippered middle compartment for my wallet and small camera and two side compartments for easy access of my phone, water, Hot Wheels cars, small snacks for hungry boys and the GST still keeps its shape well. Good luck!

Im a stay at home mom of 3 and I find Jumbo flaps work great for me. I think the cerf tote may be a little too heavy. Totewise I have a black cambon tote. The east/west and classic medium is a great size for me too because it doesnt weigh much. I guess as long as its a shoulderbag it works and that's why I love Chanel. Its functional without compromising beauty.

I agree! Although I don't own a Jumbo, I do have the cerf. I actually changed my bag to cerf last week and switched after 2 days. It was heavy and it's really not a mommie friendly bag. I also have 3 kids, 5 months to 5.

I too, am a sahm of 4 (6 yrs, 4yrs, 2yrs, 6 months old). I love the GST in black w/silver hardware. I use the middle zippered compartment for my wallets, sunglasses and other important things. The opened compartments I use to put small snacks and sippy cups. The other compartment is for a small notebook and crayons, small hot wheels to keep them busy when waiting in dr's offices, etc. As a result, the bottom corners are softening up, which I like. Try them on to see if it'll work for you. So far, this is the best bag for me to lug around. separately, I also use a changing pad where it has compartments to hold baby wipes and diapers.