Chanel ballerinas sizing?

bonsai

Feb 26, 2007
Hi I want to know if the chanel flats like this photo run small in size? i'm a size 8 and i have a pair already, they fit but the toes are a bit squashy as the flats are pointy. I've never tried 8.5, I wonder if 8.5 will fits better than 8 as I want to get another pair.

what about the patent one with heels?
Does anyone come across this issue when purchasing the chanel shoes?

Attachments

• flats.JPG
    flats.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 714
they fit half a size small i think..

I'm a 38.5 but it's too tight for me when I tried those flats in this size. 39.5 was too big so 39 is perfect but they didnt have anymore left for me :sad:

Hi I want to know if the chanel flats like this photo run small in size? i'm a size 8 and i have a pair already, they fit but the toes are a bit squashy as the flats are pointy. I've never tried 8.5, I wonder if 8.5 will fits better than 8 as I want to get another pair.

what about the patent one with heels?
Does anyone come across this issue when purchasing the chanel shoes?

I have those!

I always go up a size when it comes to Chanel shoes.

i wear a half a size larger in chanel. i have a couple of pairs of the classic flats and a pair of heels. generally i'm a 9 in shoes and a 40 in say manolos but a 40.5 in chanel. i also wear a ped thing in it to make it fit a little better (because my heel comes out) and to keep the bottom looking nice. hope that makes sense...

OMG, Ladies, I am soooo disappointed. Remember I decided to get more classic 2-tone flats after I got the black with gold cap? So I went to Chanel and tried on the beige and the pink, both are 37, BUT the beige 37 was too loose vs. the pink 37 was too tight!!! Their differences are so obvious that even the SA agreed! I also tried the beige 36.5 but that was too tight......so now I am wondering if the shoe sizing, even if it's the same style and color, varies big time since the shoes are hand-made.....

After seeing both colors again, I actually like the pink one more since it looks younger. But I'd love to get both colors. But now I don't know what size I should get...... All 3 Chanel boutiques in So CA have no more 37.5 in pink for me to try on....I think I need to start calling the department stores... If I can't try the shoes in store, I might need to order multiple sizes in both colors.....

Has anyone also notice the inconsistent sizing?

^ I am trying to figure out what to do now. Need to call around the dept stores I guess. But I have also tried the pink in 37 at another Chanel, also very tight in the front. So my conclusion is that the pink must run smaller than the beige although both have the EXACT same style and shape!!!

I think it may be to do with the leather. Doesn't patent run a little tight?

I've had no problem (apart from actually finding my size...!) and have ordered blind with success. But I wouldn't order patent or other material ballerinas without trying on first.

Good luck with your search.

I think it may be to do with the leather. Doesn't patent run a little tight?

I've had no problem (apart from actually finding my size...!) and have ordered blind with success. But I wouldn't order patent or other material ballerinas without trying on first.

Good luck with your search.

I am not talking about patent (I don't want the patent ones as they are not comfy IMO). All 3 pairs of shoes (in size 37) I have been talking about are all lambskin.

My black with gold cap - perfect fit
Beige with black cap - too loose
Pink with black cap - too tight in toe box

Since they are of the EXACT SAME STYLE, EXACT SAME MATERIAL, I found it super odd that they can have such a big difference!

I absolutely agree! I can take 1 of 3 sizes in the same style shoe...it's totally bizarre. I'm so glad you're getting the pink, but you're right, I had to go up 1/2 size from the black/gold.