Chanel Flap Red Lamb with RHW Yay or Nay?

dxs

O.G.
Jul 9, 2012
Hi every one, I was talking to my SA on the phone and asking casually about one of my dream classic. Ideally it will be Caviar, size Jumbo, bright red with silver hardware. The SA said he has the Bright Red Lamb Jumbo but with Ruthenium Hardware. I don't mind with lamb although I prefer Caviar. The color is gorgie, but I am hesitant about the hardware. I live 2 hours plane ride from the boutique so I cannot see it IRL. Do you think I should wait until my dream bag come along? Does bright red goes well with RHW? I attached the picture. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409032345.400492.jpg

Hi every one, I was talking to my SA on the phone and asking casually about one of my dream classic. Ideally it will be Caviar, size Jumbo, bright red with silver hardware. The SA said he has the Bright Red Lamb Jumbo but with Ruthenium Hardware. I don't mind with lamb although I prefer Caviar. The color is gorgie, but I am hesitant about the hardware. I live 2 hours plane ride from the boutique so I cannot see it IRL. Do you think I should wait until my dream bag come along? Does bright red goes well with RHW? I attached the picture. View attachment 2731014

Your photo actually makes the hardware look silver. The ruthenium is quite unique, and hasn't been done on a Chanel that I can recall. The most important thing, I think (personal opinion), is that finding the right shade or red and general hardware (i.e. silver or ruthenium versus gold or brushed gold) is the most important part. If you truly want caviar, I'd wait, but usually (if not always) the color saturation is more with lambskin. So, if you think this red is the one that makes you love it, go for it. You could always send it back if you don't like it (just talk about that with the SA at the time you order). As you say, the color is "gorgie" so do look about in the library and at the finds sections for more photos of this red. A red Chanel is something quite special.

Your photo actually makes the hardware look silver. The ruthenium is quite unique, and hasn't been done on a Chanel that I can recall. The most important thing, I think (personal opinion), is that finding the right shade or red and general hardware (i.e. silver or ruthenium versus gold or brushed gold) is the most important part. If you truly want caviar, I'd wait, but usually (if not always) the color saturation is more with lambskin. So, if you think this red is the one that makes you love it, go for it. You could always send it back if you don't like it (just talk about that with the SA at the time you order). As you say, the color is "gorgie" so do look about in the library and at the finds sections for more photos of this red. A red Chanel is something quite special.

Thank you Tutu. Your opinion is really important to me.

hI

I have this red and it is not like any other current red - Its a blood red - really lovely red and I'm glad I gotmine in RC - I 'm in London and havnt seen them anywhere

hI

I have this red and it is not like any other current red - Its a blood red - really lovely red and I'm glad I gotmine in RC - I 'm in London and havnt seen them anywhere
I've only seen the mini Yasram, and that was sold immediately, that's why I am wondering if it is the same colour. What is the colour code on your RC receipt? It would seem odd if they released two different red lambskins both with RHW? :wondering

I would check it out in person. If its the right shade of red for you, then go for it.

Personally I prefer the GHW with red... there's something so special about that combination...

Oh go for it. That bag is too beautiful. I think the bright red with the Ruthenium hardware is what makes the whole bag super special, I saw it IRL and it's stunning. I decided to buy it in the Jumbo size, I cannot get that bag out of my head :love:

Hi Mooshooshoo it is 97104. Thank you for letting me know.
I've tried really hard to photograph this red just now for you, but it comes out orangey looking. It is a real blood red, as Yasram describes it and it is gorgeous. If you want a bright red though, you need to see this in real life....

Red and RHW make a great combination, and the bag is gorgeous. I understand your concerns about RHW, I also used to prefer GHW or SHW. Though, several of the Chanel bags I've seen in stores during the last years have RHW, so I started buying and liking it.