Chanel flap in...tweed?

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
I've seen many threads/posts about Chanel flap bags in lambskin and caviar, but not so much about the tweed bags. I didn't think I was interested in tweed, but last September I was in Milan during Fashion Week and a woman came into a store with a dark blue tweed Chanel flap. It looked great (on her, anyway).

Any TPFers out there with a Chanel bag in tweed? How do you like it? How has it held up?

My next bag will probably be a Lady Dior (large) in patent -- would love to see if Dior offers the dark navy they showed on the runway in patent, but will have to wait and see. Otherwise black. But am still intrigued by a tweed Chanel flap...

These bags are gorgeous.

I don't have one but I think wear would depend on how you care for it. That being said, the tweed bags I see up for selll always look pretty rough. It's not that way with leather. So be cautious.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I've seen many threads/posts about Chanel flap bags in lambskin and caviar, but not so much about the tweed bags. I didn't think I was interested in tweed, but last September I was in Milan during Fashion Week and a woman came into a store with a dark blue tweed Chanel flap. It looked great (on her, anyway).

Any TPFers out there with a Chanel bag in tweed? How do you like it? How has it held up?

My next bag will probably be a Lady Dior (large) in patent -- would love to see if Dior offers the dark navy they showed on the runway in patent, but will have to wait and see. Otherwise black. But am still intrigued by a tweed Chanel flap...

Hi there! So I have 1 chanel tweed reissue.. it was a holy grail purchase for me as I've always thought of Chanel & tweed being linked together. I bought it new from boutique late last fall 2016 ( thanks to the help of lovely Vanana) & I've used this bag a lot... probably 1 of my most used chanel bags. Although I've only had it for about 6 months, it's holding up very well with no problems. I think if people take proper care of bags then all should be fine! Good luck deciding...here's my tweed[emoji4]IMG_1490001354.211333.jpg

Hi there! So I have 1 chanel tweed reissue.. it was a holy grail purchase for me as I've always thought of Chanel & tweed being linked together. I bought it new from boutique late last fall 2016 ( thanks to the help of lovely Vanana) & I've used this bag a lot... probably 1 of my most used chanel bags. Although I've only had it for about 6 months, it's holding up very well with no problems. I think if people take proper care of bags then all should be fine! Good luck deciding...here's my tweed[emoji4]View attachment 3639779
Gorgeous jacket, blouse and necklace, Kendie..:heart::heart:
And the bag is just wow!:love::love:
Elegance and class!:loveeyes::loveeyes:

Reactions: Kendie26
I have a tweed m/l. I only carry it fall winter and you definitely have to be more careful with it to not snag it or get it dirty but totally worth it in my opinion, I get a ton of compliments on mine!i looked for one for a long time, wanted neutrals with gold and this one fit the bill perfectly! View attachment 3640573
why does it need to be taken care of so much... is tweed not fixable if it gets dirty or snagged?

Love your bags n style, Kendie! :smile: U have such a sweet disposition too with kind words for everyone!
Thank you for all your replies -- very helpful! Kendie, your bag is beautiful and what an elegant outfit :heart:
I will keep looking for the tweed Chanel that speaks to me :flowers:

I'm on the lookout for a Tweed bag. I agree with Kendie that it's just soooo Chanel. I'd love a nice black and pink one!
Thank you Lovelies!! So kind of you! Tweed was definitely my holy grail because I associated it the most w/ Chanel (but I'm also a leather Chanel lover too:lol:)...it's just that tweed is really special & unique. You will find one that speaks to you @Passerine123 !:hugs:

Reactions: Passerine123