Chanel Flap Bag, Reissue.. style

H

HazLovesFashion

Hey guys,
I am new on here but I’ve been silently reading for quite a while.
I am Haz and live in Germany.

I have a question and hope that I post it in the right topic.
I am looking for a bag that has the style of the Chanel Flap Bag or Reissue, I especially love that one strap is so versatile.
Unfortunately Chanel is a little over my budget. I still want it to be of good quality and designer would be nice too.
I was looking at the Tory Burch Kira Bag but worn crossbody the strap is a little long for me..

Thank you in advance ❤️

What about Bvlgari? They make lovely flaps for a lot less than Chanel (More or less 2000$ Euros) and they have really nice details. They have a nice selection at the München airport duty free and at the Königsallee Bvlgari boutique. I only mentioned those two because those are the locations that I handled them while in Germany.

Reactions: HazLovesFashion
I will definitely look into Bvlgari, thanks! I didn’t think of it.

What about Bvlgari? They make lovely flaps for a lot less than Chanel (More or less 2000$ Euros) and they have really nice details. They have a nice selection at the München airport duty free and at the Königsallee Bvlgari boutique. I only mentioned those two because those are the locations that I handled them while in Germany.

Mulberry has the same straps too. Although it's not priced as Tory Burch. Kurt Geiger has the same look as Chanel, is priced lower than Tory but the quality of the bags is irregular.

Some of their bags are made of very thin kind of leather. That doesn't wear well at all. The bags of a thicker leather or the tweed are amazing.

Along the same line as Kurt Geiger an Tory Burch you also have Rebecca Minkoff. It's not premier designer but still designer. The leather is amazing and the brand also has a couple of bags that look like premier designer. RM's love could be a cousin of Chanel's Boy, for example.

Hey guys,
I am new on here but I’ve been silently reading for quite a while.
I am Haz and live in Germany.

I have a question and hope that I post it in the right topic.
I am looking for a bag that has the style of the Chanel Flap Bag or Reissue, I especially love that one strap is so versatile.
Unfortunately Chanel is a little over my budget. I still want it to be of good quality and designer would be nice too.
I was looking at the Tory Burch Kira Bag but worn crossbody the strap is a little long for me..

Thank you in advance ❤

What is your budget? That will help us to give you suggestions that will really work for you!

I own three Kurt Geiger Kensington bags, and I really like them. My favorites, however are my Coach Tabby and Karl Lagerfeld Agyness. The only thing with my KL bag is that I have it in the smooth leather. I don’t care about the scratches, but it may be a dealbreaker for some.

Hello Haz
Nice to meet you :smile:

If the strap is the only issue, then just shorten it! It is no certain that the other brands' bags will have shorter straps to suit you. I'm short so all straps are too long for me so this is what I do. There is always a way to do it without removing links, if this is what you would prefer.

You can also look at coach ranger flap bags... I quite like them.

Thank you! So many suggestions to look into, thanks ❤️
Mulberry has the same straps too. Although it's not priced as Tory Burch. Kurt Geiger has the same look as Chanel, is priced lower than Tory but the quality of the bags is irregular.

Some of their bags are made of very thin kind of leather. That doesn't wear well at all. The bags of a thicker leather or the tweed are amazing.

Along the same line as Kurt Geiger an Tory Burch you also have Rebecca Minkoff. It's not premier designer but still designer. The leather is amazing and the brand also has a couple of bags that look like premier designer. RM's love could be a cousin of Chanel's Boy, for example.

Reactions: Egel
Hello
Thank you, do you know how I could shorten it? This is the bag!
I wish it was a little bigger but it’s the biggest size.
What is your budget? That will help us to give you suggestions that will really work for you!
Thank you! I would say around 1500€ would be my limit, that’s about 1800$ :smile:
Hello Haz
Nice to meet you :smile:

If the strap is the only issue, then just shorten it! It is no certain that the other brands' bags will have shorter straps to suit you. I'm short so all straps are too long for me so this is what I do. There is always a way to do it without removing links, if this is what you would prefer.

You can also look at coach ranger flap bags... I quite like them.

0358F29A-314D-4B72-B964-2E303627DBAA.jpeg

Thank you! So many suggestions to look into, thanks ❤
You're welcome. I forgot Sandro Yza. The matelasse and the chains make it a very good look a like but it the bag does have it's own edge. It's more inventive than a straight copy and a gorgous bag. Yet again not a premier brand but it is a top brand.

I think Saint Laurent can give you a similar feel to Chanel and is a premium designer. They focus more on the chevron quilting (which Chanel has done on and off over the years). I've see a few new SL's that are quilted, but I think they are lambskin, which is delicate. There are definitely some nice options within your price range, but they are a bit on the smaller end.

Thank you! I will definitely check it out.
Yeah you really nailed it with that description, I don’t want a copy but a bag in that style. But I want it to be it’s own bag, if that makes sense
You're welcome. I forgot Sandro Yza. The matelasse and the chains make it a very good look a like but it the bag does have it's own edge. It's more inventive than a straight copy and a gorgous bag. Yet again not a premier brand but it is a top brand.

Reactions: Egel
Will definitely look for YSL! The WOC would be too small, I’m looking for an everyday size which means at least Chanel medium flap bag size.
I think Saint Laurent can give you a similar feel to Chanel and is a premium designer. They focus more on the chevron quilting (which Chanel has done on and off over the years). I've see a few new SL's that are quilted, but I think they are lambskin, which is delicate. There are definitely some nice options within your price range, but they are a bit on the smaller end.