Chanel Flap bag question...

happy1

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
I've been debating on getting a Chanel flap bag...went to the Chanel store and they had too many choices, I need some help. This is my next bag for everyday use.

1. Is the large too large?
2. Is cavier better than the lambskin, I have both types in different styled Chanle bags, and the caviar seems more sturdy. But do you think the flap bag look is better in one versus the other?
3. Lastly, the gold or silver hardware? I think silver is more casual, which I prefer.

I love the lambskin-Take it everywhere and yes,I abuse it and..NOT ONE MARK on it!!
I am about to buy another one in a different color...wish I discovered this Chanel bag before I bought a gazillion other trendy ones....would have saved alot of money!

I've tried on both the large size and the size down from that one, and I found that size to be too small for everyday.

I like both the caviar leather and lambskin, but prefer the caviar when it comes to everyday use. I bought the 2.55 reissue in grey last week, but returned it and bought a black caviar leather tote. I was afraid of screwing up the reissue. Too much money to spend on a bag that I'd be afraid to use :Push: I tried on a caviar leather flap bag in large, it was :love: I like the silver hardware, too. I think it can go either way, dressy or casual, whereas the gold hardware on the flap bags is dressier. Just my opinion :biggrin:

I have the black caviar classic flap bag in silver. It's great and super durable.. I'm willing to carry it everyday. I have the black lambskin wallet, and it looks so fragile so I use it less often.

1. Is the large too large?
I personally find jumbo too large. Maybe because I am only 5"3, jumbo kinda looks funny on me. I do know quite a number of ladies who like it though. Have you tried it? You need to try it for yourself to know if it suits you.

2. Is cavier better than the lambskin, I have both types in different styled Chanle bags, and the caviar seems more sturdy. But do you think the flap bag look is better in one versus the other?
I have both lambskin and caviar 2.55. Lambskin is very luxurious and soft. I love to feel it. However since lambskin is more delicate and it wears easily, caviar will be a better choice for a everyday bag as it's more scratch proof. Scratches are visible even on a black lambskin.

3. Lastly, the gold or silver hardware? I think silver is more casual, which I prefer.
Silver looks younger and informal as compare to gold. If you like a casual look then silver is definitely the one.

Just my 2cents worth. :smile:

I love the lambskin-Take it everywhere and yes,I abuse it and..NOT ONE MARK on it!!
I am about to buy another one in a different color...wish I discovered this Chanel bag before I bought a gazillion other trendy ones....would have saved alot of money!
Jill, I know you posted this 9 months ago - wondering if your lambskin is still in pretty good shape. I dropped a bundle on one yesterday - I just don't care for caviar - this one looked so much more elegant. It is the large classic with silver. I think the silver keeps the bag suitable for everyday (if you want it to be). TIA

hey, i am very interessted to hear which bag you bought. I have heard from many sale reps to get caviar since lambskin is so delicate. but i actually have a lamb skin bag from DIOR (the Dior Granville) in silver hardware. I use it everyday and it has no scratches or anything on it.
I think if you use a bag normally, of course normal waer signs will show up after a while but thats leather. I have heard from many people that lamb skin is no problem. Just dont be afraid to use it.

I am interessted to hear which bag you bought and your experience with it. couse im actually thinking of getting the jumbo flap bag (big one) :smile: