Chanel filigree flap

So just got the bag but some of the excitement is dampened by the terrible packaging job done by whoever packaged this in Neiman Marcus in Houston, shame on you!. The box was exactly the size of the bag, which is fine in itself, actually nice, BUT the chain was not wrapped in paper on top of the bag nor was it placed in the bag like usual when unwrapped, but someone decided to ship laying the bag on top of the chain, in a box that it fit perfectly leaving pretty significant indentations in the soft calfskin in the back. I am hoping it will slowly puff back into normal shape but the carelessness is above annoying. It is a beautiful bag and still very happy but after anxiously waiting, seeing it like that is frustrating. I will make a video like I always do shortly but wanted to share the pictures of the inside as promised. I took one of the back too because no other pictures show this, tried to take at an angle so couldn't see the dents as bad as I knew that would just make me madder.

filigree1.jpg

filigree2.jpg

filigree3.jpg

filigree4.jpg

Reactions: C.Ly
That’s frustrating- I’m sorry!

What did you think of the bag? I found the medium still a bit small- I’m a jumbo fan myself.
So just got the bag but some of the excitement is dampened by the terrible packaging job done by whoever packaged this in Neiman Marcus in Houston, shame on you!. The box was exactly the size of the bag, which is fine in itself, actually nice, BUT the chain was not wrapped in paper on top of the bag nor was it placed in the bag like usual when unwrapped, but someone decided to ship laying the bag on top of the chain, in a box that it fit perfectly leaving pretty significant indentations in the soft calfskin in the back. I am hoping it will slowly puff back into normal shape but the carelessness is above annoying. It is a beautiful bag and still very happy but after anxiously waiting, seeing it like that is frustrating. I will make a video like I always do shortly but wanted to share the pictures of the inside as promised. I took one of the back too because no other pictures show this, tried to take at an angle so couldn't see the dents as bad as I knew that would just make me madder.

View attachment 4879276

View attachment 4879278

View attachment 4879280

View attachment 4879281

View attachment 4879276

View attachment 4879278

View attachment 4879280

View attachment 4879281

Oh no! I'm terribly sorry to hear that! With the price that we are now paying for Chanel, of course we would expect the bag, the service PLUS the packaging and everything else to be perfect. Anything below that would be unacceptable. I know I'd be frustrated if say the box / packaging is damaged, let alone having an indentation on the bag. So I can imagine how you must have been feeling esp after all the excitement and the wait. The indentation on the leather would absolutely bug me as even though you could still hide it from others, you yourself would still be able to see it. Do you know if they have another one in stock that you could possibly exchange it with?

That’s frustrating- I’m sorry!

What did you think of the bag? I found the medium still a bit small- I’m a jumbo fan myself.
Funny because just had this debate in store yesterday. Typically for this style, this is the perfect size. I thought medium classic flap was perfect size for me but for fun yesterday, tried on even a maxi (too big) and it looked fabulous so thought the jumbo would be perfect lol. I still think in Chanel classic flaps I prefer smaller but the jumbo is gorgeous for sure. I think I like the size, small would have been too small for sure but think I like this size just still so annoyed about the indentations that only focusing on that. It will be ok, I know, just frustrating the carelessness and working at Neiman or Saks, going to have to deal with items much more expensive than this, can't operate with this level of carelessness.

Oh no! I'm terribly sorry to hear that! With the price that we are now paying for Chanel, of course we would expect the bag, the service PLUS the packaging and everything else to be perfect. Anything below that would be unacceptable. I know I'd be frustrated if say the box / packaging is damaged, let alone having an indentation on the bag. So I can imagine how you must have been feeling esp after all the excitement and the wait. The indentation on the leather would absolutely bug me as even though you could still hide it from others, you yourself would still be able to see it. Do you know if they have another one in stock that you could possibly exchange it with?
See you get me.....the wait and great excitement is what makes it worse. and there are officially 5 indentations but only one is significant. it is already looking better but that bigger one may still have some mark, we will see. and I know previously at least Neiman didn't have any others but more may be coming. My store usually gets bags on Fridays so will definitely be checking their inventory, trying to stick with Neiman because I came off of ban island to get this bag because of their 3x points that they were letting apply to Chanel. I am going to give it the day and see how it does. It really is a beautiful bag.

See you get me.....the wait and great excitement is what makes it worse. and there are officially 5 indentations but only one is significant. it is already looking better but that bigger one may still have some mark, we will see. and I know previously at least Neiman didn't have any others but more may be coming. My store usually gets bags on Fridays so will definitely be checking their inventory, trying to stick with Neiman because I came off of ban island to get this bag because of their 3x points that they were letting apply to Chanel. I am going to give it the day and see how it does. It really is a beautiful bag.

Yes, I totally feel you! & it can actually be stressful. You definitely have several days to think about it before the return / exchange window period is over. Try calling them 1st thing tomorrow morning and take it from there. Let us know how it goes then - goodluck! :heart:

Reactions: timmd
......I am trying to be optimistic, it may be getting better. None of the indentations were tremendously deep....there is a small crease now with the dents getting better but overall looking better. Will give it a night and see what the leather does. I did make a video for those interested in seeing it. It really is a gorgeous and unique bag.

Aaaahhhhh I love your new bag!! There's not many videos out there on the filigree, so thank you for making this video. I was drooling when you showed us the bag until.... you turned it around and showed the back side - oh my heart! But yes, lets hope that the creases and dents ease out, fingers crossed! I can definitely see why you're willing to keep the bag regardless of the dents cos let's be honest, the front side is perfect & it is such a beautiful bag. Also the drop of the chain hits you perfectly when you wear it on the shoulder and as a crossbody

......I am trying to be optimistic, it may be getting better. None of the indentations were tremendously deep....there is a small crease now with the dents getting better but overall looking better. Will give it a night and see what the leather does. I did make a video for those interested in seeing it. It really is a gorgeous and unique bag.

Thanks so much for this video! I’m glad the dents are improving!
Is this medium size comparable to the medium or jumbo classic flap?

Aaaahhhhh I love your new bag!! There's not many videos out there on the filigree, so thank you for making this video. I was drooling when you showed us the bag until.... you turned it around and showed the back side - oh my heart! But yes, lets hope that the creases and dents ease out, fingers crossed! I can definitely see why you're willing to keep the bag regardless of the dents cos let's be honest, the front side is perfect & it is such a beautiful bag. Also the drop of the chain hits you perfectly when you wear it on the shoulder and as a crossbody
Miracles do happen!!! :loveeyes: This is the back this morning........and we did nothing to help the spots, didn't heat the leather or any of the things we read and this is the back this morning. Can minimally still see slight remnant of the biggest mark yesterday if you catch it at the right angle (tried to this time in the picture) but otherwise all back to normal. The leather really is sooooo soft so i guess with just removing the insulting area and letting it rest, it has recovered :heart:. Just wanted to update.

IMG_7342.jpg

Miracles do happen!!! :loveeyes: This is the back this morning........and we did nothing to help the spots, didn't heat the leather or any of the things we read and this is the back this morning. Can minimally still see slight remnant of the biggest mark yesterday if you catch it at the right angle (tried to this time in the picture) but otherwise all back to normal. The leather really is sooooo soft so i guess with just removing the insulting area and letting it rest, it has recovered :heart:. Just wanted to update.

View attachment 4880094

Omg! It's like brand new again! Yayyyyy :tup: all that's left now is for you to start wearing & enjoy your new bag. Extremely happy for you!:heart:

Thanks so much for this video! I’m glad the dents are improving!
Is this medium size comparable to the medium or jumbo classic flap?
Yes they are, see updated picture above :heart: And unlike first picture, this one I tried to get angle to show anything on the back and 99% improved. And it is very similar to the medium, I think slightly bigger, especially the inside with only single flap. I would say closer to the medium than the jumbo but in between the two. This is a picture I saw that helped convince me before ordering that this is the bag for me, this is comparing to the medium. I hope that helps.

IMG_8725.png

Reactions: C.Ly and gagabag
Hi all- I have a filigree flap on order (the so black one with the chain link C-- it's so nice)! In the medium size. I'm typically a jumbo gal and this bag is pretty much the exact same size as the medium classic; question is: does this flap fit more than the classic medium because it is a bit less structured?
I have written on this thread and never addressed your actual initial question because was waiting to get it in person. Yes it fits more than the medium because single clap and roomy single compartment on inside. I never realized how much I like jumbo until I actually tried it on. After lots of emotions with this bad with arriving poorly packed, the damage improving, I finally got to look objectively at it and I would rather have the jumbo or even the medium for that matter (although this definitely more reasonably priced). The chain drop on me is just awkward and being a single chain makes it have less flexibility. On me it is slightly too wide for where it hits to be comfortable crossbody (5 3) and chain slightly too long to wear over the shoulder. The design is gorgeous and I personally like love the smooth calfskin despite its delicacy but I would rather have a jumbo and hence, am returning the bag :sad: It is a beautiful bag but my advice is for anyone wanting it, definitely see in person and try it on first. With my rotation I know this bag would not get worn as much as it deserves just because in between comfortable fits for me. But yet, it holds a reasonable about but if you love jumbos, I am not sure this would work for you but try it on and see!

I hope that helps.

bad with arriving poorly packed, the damage improving, I finally got to look objectively at it and I would rather have the jumbo or even the medium for that matter (although this definitely more reasonably priced). The chain drop on me is just awkward and being a single chain makes it have less flexibility. On me it is slightly too wide for where it hits to be comfortable crossbody (5 3) and chain slightly too long to wear over the shoulder. The design is gorgeous and I personally like love the smooth calfskin despite its delicacy but I would rather have a jumbo and hence, am returning the bag :sad: It is a beautiful bag but my advice is for anyone wanting it, definitely see in person and try it on fir

I agree! I special ordered this bag months ago but didn’t buy it when it came in because the size was too small and I actually felt the strap drop was too short for me 5’6.5 and curvier hips to wear crossbody. I got the chain around in large instead

3C0695CA-6C16-4A8D-9CF5-A8989B1FEE46.jpeg

Reactions: timmd
I agree! I special ordered this bag months ago but didn’t buy it when it came in because the size was too small and I actually felt the strap drop was too short for me 5’6.5 and curvier hips to wear crossbody. I got the chain around in large instead

View attachment 4880394
Gorgeous I don’t know what I will get instead and know probably won’t be able to get a black jumbo with gold and caviar but will see....that is the bag I originally went to buy because of upcoming increases and neiman having triple points on Chanel right now but loved the filigree in pictures. There is always the iridescent ivory medium but again likely beautiful bag that I won’t wear as much. Congrats on your new bag