Chanel filigree flap

jappel13

Mar 27, 2012
Hi all- I have a filigree flap on order (the so black one with the chain link C-- it's so nice)! In the medium size. I'm typically a jumbo gal and this bag is pretty much the exact same size as the medium classic; question is: does this flap fit more than the classic medium because it is a bit less structured?

Hi all- I have a filigree flap on order (the so black one with the chain link C-- it's so nice)! In the medium size. I'm typically a jumbo gal and this bag is pretty much the exact same size as the medium classic; question is: does this flap fit more than the classic medium because it is a bit less structured?

Sorry I couldn't answer your question as I don't have one myself. However, I have been eyeing of the filigree flap as well as the WOC version. I have only seen pics of them but haven't seem them in person. I haven't got any chanel boutiques near me which doesn't help either but would love to know what you think of the bag. Please share pictures of your new beauty once you receive it - can't wait & congratulations!

In my opinion the filigree is more functional than the classic. You should be able to fit a little more in the medium filigree than in the medium classic because of the single flap. Have you received your medium? I just received the so black small and love it but am disappointed that it does not come with four grommets like the previous small filigree flaps. It only has two like the mini. Regardless, I love it! Just wondering if the medium is the same way or if can be worn two ways.

In my opinion the filigree is more functional than the classic. You should be able to fit a little more in the medium filigree than in the medium classic because of the single flap. Have you received your medium? I just received the so black small and love it but am disappointed that it does not come with four grommets like the previous small filigree flaps. It only has two like the mini. Regardless, I love it! Just wondering if the medium is the same way or if can be worn two ways.
By the picture it looks like it also only has 2, which I agree was somewhat disappointing but still such an incredible looking bag. Just ordered today, hopefully ships tomorrow so may have Thursday (overnight) or maybe this is just optimistic thinking :P

IMG_1127.png

Reactions: CN_loverofluxe
^^^ Replying to the message directly above.

Tried this on today! It has 2 grommets which was the deal breaker for me, but otherwise this bag is such a beauty!!!! Enjoy!!!

Do you know if they have other colours aside from the black? Looks to me like the strap is attached to the outside of the bag, ie. on top of the flap (but I may be wrong)

Do you know if they have other colours aside from the black? Looks to me like the strap is attached to the outside of the bag, ie. on top of the flap (but I may be wrong)

By this picture, looks like grommets like usual but I should have the bag tomorrow as I just got shipping notification (overnight) so I will be able to tell for sure and take other pictures if anyone else is interested. The double chain is always a nice option but I loved the picture I saw with the length of this and way if fits/ability to wear crossbody but have to get it and try it on to know for sure but was definitely worth the risk for me, I loved it. :heart:

1602688821049.png

By this picture, looks like grommets like usual but I should have the bag tomorrow as I just got shipping notification (overnight) so I will be able to tell for sure and take other pictures if anyone else is interested. The double chain is always a nice option but I loved the picture I saw with the length of this and way if fits/ability to wear crossbody but have to get it and try it on to know for sure but was definitely worth the risk for me, I loved it. :heart:

View attachment 4878139

It's even more beautiful closeup. So excited for you! Can't wait to see the pics once you receive the bag

Reactions: timmd
Can’t wait to see more pictures of this beauty. I’m interested in the chain length as well. Does this also come in a size small?
In that picture I put above, it looks long, even well cross body but I don’t know the exact length. But yes, there is small, 4400 from what I heard , only 200 dollars less.

I didn’t see any other colours but here’s a few pics I took! And it’s Next to reissue mini ! This is the size small!

the medium I tried on very briefly but I felt the size was a bit awkward andsince you can only cross body it, felt too big. But that’s just me and I’m not that tall! 5’3 so if you’re taller maybe it would look more proportionate.

4D745E95-7087-4000-92D4-63CDD9134ABD.jpegAE62DA97-942C-4F49-B1D6-CFB6F624955B.jpeg61F51939-0C31-44FA-AB85-B97EB3709F48.jpeg

I didn’t see any other colours but here’s a few pics I took! And it’s Next to reissue mini ! This is the size small!

the medium I tried on very briefly but I felt the size was a bit awkward andsince you can only cross body it, felt too big. But that’s just me and I’m not that tall! 5’3 so if you’re taller maybe it would look more proportionate.

View attachment 4878434View attachment 4878435View attachment 4878436

I don't know why but somehow the filigree flap just stood out a lot more when you put it side by side with the reissue. And it's STUNNING when you have it on! Aaahhh I can't wait to go into a chanel boutique and try it on myself

View attachment 4878434View attachment 4878435View attachment 4878436
Thank you for sharing! It looks amazing! I’m going to start my hunt for one now.

Reactions: CN_loverofluxe
Hi! I got this bag and returned. It was a little too small for my taste and it also hit pretty high on me (I’m 5’6 1/2). I believe my SA still had it (medium) so I can link you guys up if you DM me.