Chanel fans....

I really like to wear jeans with nice, fitted jackets and carry a beautiful handbag--Chanel or something else. I think it's a great look for any age!

It's a shame not to find every opportunity to use a great bag!

amanda said:
is that ebay seller for real? she always has such great stuff at great prices, it makes me wonder if it's too good to be true! she has the best prices on chanels that appear to be real that i've seen, anywhere.
My question also, why doesn't a seller who is totally honest, have a return policy that is open ended?

You can never go wrong with a Chanel bag! And they can work amazingly well with jeans! Even the "dressy" ones like the classic flap. But Chanel makes more casual styles as well. I was just at Sak's the other day looking at Chanel and there really is quite a range of styles. And the larger styles like the totes - the Cerf, for example, or the Reporter - do make great everyday bags. I would just recommend treading carefully on any designer bag on Ebay. I've seen tons of Chanel (and other) fakes there, especially in the Cambon line. I don't know enough about the particular style you are looking at to comment, although I am sure there are experts here who could advise.

i have a classic flap in black and white tweed. Although it is timeless, i found most of times i would pick other bags than this one. However, this could also because i usually carry a lot of stuff around, so the chanel flap is really not very versatile to me...

Chanel to me is the epitome of classic ... the 2.55 just gets better each year ... and I think may be one of the few bags that actually pretty much retains its value year after year ... I own one and while I don't use it as an every day bag (I live in a very humid polluted climate - no way I would destory the leather that way) ... I do when I am back home in the U.S. use it with jeans or black tie garb ... can't get better than that ...

I've been carrying Chanel for years and years. My first bag was a bucket style bag that I found in a consignment shop that was strictly high end. My husband bought me the small classic lambskin as an anniversary or Christmas gift. Due to its size, it's a special occasion purse. When the rubber bags came out, I located a medium classic. That bag replaced the bucket bag and it was used for many years. My feeling is a classic or the reissues can go anywhere. Now there are so many styles to choose. Now it's more a matter of affordability.

I just bought a Black Jumbo Classic flap...and I plan on using it as an everyday bag!! I always dress down (Like active wear)so I dress myself up w/ a classy bag! It works for me!!

I've ONLY worn Chanels with jeans (because I always wear jeans)!
I think they go with everything, just as long as the color/proportions are right.
A classic flap may be too much trouble for a busy mom (since you probably have to open/close it a lot). Get one of the totes, they're great and stylish!

All i see, here and in LA (am kinda bicoastal LOL) are women of all ages carrying Chanel bags of all styles from classic flap to the trendiest style and they are wearing faded jeans, plain Tshirts, flip flops or little heeled sandals one philosophy that alot of women of all ages embrace, especially for casual daytime or nighttime wear, is "who cares about my clothes as long as my bag (and shoes) are fabulous!" It really doesnt have anything to do with age unless your age is in the single digits and you may be too young for Chanel LOL and even then....if the child has been a good girl and isnt spoiled, if parents/grandma, etc., can afford it, maybe a Chanel pouchette :yahoo:

enjoy.....really no rules anymore, except to be a kind and loving person (and pay your taxes LOL):noworry:

I bought a classic flap recently and have only used it when I've gone out all dressed up. I too am not sure if it can be worn with more casual wear. I'd like to hear what others have to say.

Oh absolutely can be worn with casual wear...i like mine best with jeans!! I love the upscale/downscale look!

I think Chanel might be a bit much for every day if you are talking about the flap bag. But, the other suggestions would be perfectly appropriate. I am in your age range, and I have been liking BV for our age. More casual than a Chanel flap, but definately put together.

I have a Caviar Jumbo Black Flap in silver and I wear it daily. I had on black slacks today and a black cashmere turtleneck with a black coat and it looked fab. I think it depends on how you dress and your style.

I wear my Chanel bags with anything (well, maybe not workout pants), but certainly with jeans, a sweater or tee (seasonal) and boots or sandals. Go for it....you can never go wrong with Chanel:yahoo:

While its true that not many very young women or high school aged girls carry Chanel, I dont think that has a reflection on Chanel's style as much as the fact that Chanel is so much more expensive than other designers. Its more exclusive.