Chanel Eyeglasses

jell0fish

Apr 6, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I really want a pair of Chanel eyeglasses with my prescription this time. Do you know where i can find Chanel eyeglass frames for a good price? I know that lenscrafters has them but the 30% off excludes the chanel frames.

thanks in advance

Do you have a SEE EYEWEAR in your city! They are fantastic...I have everyone I know addicted to them for designer frames. They allow discount on designer frames, and whats even better is they have a special coupon program that allows nearly 50% off....they are a high end optical store...check their website;)
www.seeeyewear.com
I have 3 pairs of Chanel glasses from them including sunglasses they made with perscription lenses!

I got mine from lenscrafters. I didn't get any discount on the frames, but they did agree to put the cheapo lenses in for me. My prescription changes almost yearly so there was no way I wanted to spend $200-$300 on the nice thin lenses that they're supposed to put in designer frames :P

Hi Everyone,
I really want a pair of Chanel eyeglasses with my prescription this time. Do you know where i can find Chanel eyeglass frames for a good price? I know that lenscrafters has them but the 30% off excludes the chanel frames.

thanks in advance

Great thread!

Do you have a SEE EYEWEAR in your city! They are fantastic...I have everyone I know addicted to them for designer frames. They allow discount on designer frames, and whats even better is they have a special coupon program that allows nearly 50% off....they are a high end optical store...check their website;)
http://www.seeeyewear.com
I have 3 pairs of Chanel glasses from them including sunglasses they made with perscription lenses!

Thanks for sharing, will definitely keep their info for future reference! I just purchased a pair of Chanel sunglasses on sale at my optometrist's office, and the lab is replacing the lens with my prescription lens. Also great that my vision insurance discounted the Chanel frames 20% because they are prescrption sunglasses.

Hi Everyone,

thanks in advance
I have 3 pairs of chanel eyeglasses.

One I got in 2001 from a private practice. The other two I got within the last 6 months with the brown one being the newest. I posted a thread on it before:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-new-obsession-chanel-eyeglasses-801213.html

The black frames I got at Lenscrafters. My sister is actually an optometrist and the manager so I got family discount. When I moved out of california, I got VSP eye insurance which is the "best" vision insurance per my sister. Lenscrafters doesn't take VSP. So i called around to ALL of the optometries listed on the VSP website in Michigan and found one that carried Chanel. It seemed like private practices mainly took VSP and not very many places carried chanel -- supposedly Chanel is very picky on who they allow to carry it (per sister).

With the VSP insurance my newest pair of glasses with the best lenses were 385 (the frame alone was 570). So the coverage was great. THe total of black one was $275 with my sister's discount. I believe the black fram alone was $380 without the lenses. Sorry, can't pull up the pictures but visit the thread to see the posting of the picture. LOVE chanel eyeglasses! i'm planning on getting one per year :smile:.

Great thread!

Thanks for sharing, will definitely keep their info for future reference! I just purchased a pair of Chanel sunglasses on sale at my optometrist's office, and the lab is replacing the lens with my prescription lens. Also great that my vision insurance discounted the Chanel frames 20% because they are prescrption sunglasses.

Yes this is exactly the way to go...ever since I have started to get my favorite frames "turned perscription" ....I find I don't abuse my eyes with contacts as much as I use to :smile:
See Eye Wear servicing has been fantastic afterwards too!

Yup, its true... also, Chanel "spaces out" which private practices can carry them, i.e. so you can't buy Chanel from every shop on the block. I bought my Chanel prescrip glasses like 4 years ago and I'm still wearing them. Love 'em! :heart:

I was able to get my Chanel aviators script with mirrored tint like the originals. Now I have to get my newer cateye sunglasses with the woven lambskin on the side made. Be careful because it you take them someone where other than where you purchased them to have the script made many won't take liability. Be sure to ask!