chanel eyeglasses

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
i made a post about a month ago about getting new glasses. well, i am finally getting some, but i have question about the place that im getting them.

http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog...s/ch5124_gloss_black__/__gray_pid119429.html#

1. my mom is skeptical about getting the lenses online and wants to make sure that the prescription is correct

2. it appears to be a legit site, has anyone ordered from them before?

3. my mom was also concerned about the prescription being distorted around the edges because they are normally sunglasses.

if anyone has any answers to these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2007
i made a post about a month ago about getting new glasses. well, i am finally getting some, but i have question about the place that im getting them.

http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog...s/ch5124_gloss_black__/__gray_pid119429.html#

1. my mom is skeptical about getting the lenses online and wants to make sure that the prescription is correct

2. it appears to be a legit site, has anyone ordered from them before?

3. my mom was also concerned about the prescription being distorted around the edges because they are normally sunglasses.

if anyone has any answers to these, it would be greatly appreciated.
Before you buy a pair of Rx glasses online, try LensCrafters. Some of the stores are licensed to sell Chanel frames. I bought a pair last year and they are perfect. I had to have a new prescription a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't a problem. But, you can only buy them at the places that are allowed to sell Chanel. Call LensCrafters and ask if they carry that particular frame. The frames are so good (beauty aside) that they have only been adjusted once in nearly a year.
I think you are taking a tremendous leap of faith buying glasses online, because if they aren't just right, you will have to find a place that will agree to fix them for you.
I am also a mom and I would be equally concerned about fit, and quality.
Listen to your mother!
--Judy

Aug 17, 2008
I've been wearing glasses for some time now. (Not Chanel, my current pair is Prada.) However, ordering online is not something I would do, even for nondesigner frames. Too many potential problems. Also, if you don't mind me asking, hpw do you know your prescription? Because if you're just going by what it is from the last time you got one, you might need something stronger, or least likely but still something not as strong.

ceci

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
USA
I just purchased a pair of eyeglasses w/transistion lenses from a Chanel authorized dealer early August. IMO, I would suggest you to go to Chanel website & look for locations where carry optical & sunglasses near you. It's better for you to try on as many pairs as possible to see weather they fit your face/nose or if that's the color you want to go with. :okay:

Initially, I was looking at some online stores as well & thought it would be cheaper for the frame. But I decided to try out at the dealer later & found out the pair I like in the picture wasn't suit me quite well IRL. :yes: Also, having the lenses installed & buying the frame from the dealer will provide you warranty (for 2 years I believe) & you won't be worry about poor quality or wrong lenses you may get. ;)

On top, the dealer price for the frame wasn't a lot less expensive than the online store at all. I believe the dealer's MSRP for spring 08 eyeglasses frame was about $300 or so. (My optician let me to check on his computer for different color combinations with my Chanel frame, so I saw the MSRP). BTW, I heard that if you only install lenses at certain optical stores & not buying the frame from them, they will charge more on the lenses. So, you have to decide. :idea:

Like me with Asian face, I thought I wasn't able to wear plastic frame that's without nose pads. However, my optician was able to add "screw-in pads" for me for free. Thus, you should check this out at the dealer as well. Getting a right pair of eyeglasses is very important as it lasts a long time. See http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/m...ses-camellia-photos-340256-2.html#post7491806 :heart:

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
thanks gals. we're going to the store today to look at some frames. im just upset because since im in the middle of nowhere right now, no places around me carry chanel. the best they have are fendi-not a huge fan of fendi

lovepurses4ever- lol....i had my eye exam yesterday but didnt want to get frames because i wanted chanels. hmmmm? maybe i'll try pearle vision to see if they carry chanel frames.

P

perruchin

I went to a optitians that could order the frames for me with no compromise, I did that for my Chanel eyeglasses, the ones on the pic of my avatar, since this model wasn´t ordered for spain, I had to wait a bit but the glasses where perfect, love them, maybe you can go to an optitian that carries Luxotica eyeglasses (the eyeglasses maker for chanel) and that can bring the frames you´re craving so you can try them and that way if you require any adjustments you will be able to ask that in store.... hope this helps.... also it can help to try simillar models on your face, and if you like them, then those are the frames for you.... good luck....

P

perruchin

ah plus my optitian even made a discount on my frames, and at the end where cheaper than online...

ceci

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
USA
^^ Me 2~
I got discount on my Chanel frame (a bit less than the Luxotica MSRP) & about $80 cheaper for lenses (compared with Costco price)

Another way, you may look for dealer that's part of the Luxotica network.

Jun 23, 2007
thanks gals. we're going to the store today to look at some frames. im just upset because since im in the middle of nowhere right now, no places around me carry chanel. the best they have are fendi-not a huge fan of fendi

lovepurses4ever- lol....i had my eye exam yesterday but didnt want to get frames because i wanted chanels. hmmmm? maybe i'll try pearle vision to see if they carry chanel frames.
Are you near a LensCrafters? If you check their website, sometimes they will say if they carry Chanel; sometimes not. You do have to call around. I don't know if the other big chains carry Chanel. Also, if you have AAA, they will discount 30%.
I still think it's not a good idea to buy eyeglasses online.
--Judy