Chanel eyeglass (not sun!) owners: How's the quality?

I have them and really love them! I have owned 3 pairs to date (2 all acetate and one wire rim with acetate sides) and find that they are beautiful and durable BUT the acetate on them does dry out. So, if you by chance do get them wet, when they dry the acetate will appear "white or dry". The dryness can be fixed by applying oil or moisture to the acetate though. HTH!

I would get a pair of lindberg glasses. They look amazing and the lenses are customized to suit you best, and you can get whatever colour you want, and they don't break for the most part. Mykita also makes great glasses. You can step on them and they go back into place. Mine broke after a year and the company replaced the lenses for free.

The optometrist that I went to talked me out of getting Chanel eyeglasses because they said their customer service wasn't very good (i.e. long waits, etc).. and they make great bags as that's their specialty but in the eyeglass department they are lacking. Also, he told me the company that Chanel uses to produce their glasses but I can't remember now but it wasn't a brand that you'd pay very much for. I would suggest getting glasses from a company whose main focus is making glasses.

Also if you do decide to go with Chanel after all, I would advise against Lenscrafters as they are overpriced.

Also, I might add that if the glasses do last a while, they won't be in style forever even though they have the CC logo.

Hope this helps.

i just got a pair last month (the one with 3 rows of pearls on the side). and so far their quality seems really nice and they seem fairly durable (just like their sunglasses). i got them at lenscrafters because they offer a 30% off.

My Chanel eyeglasses barely lasted 1 month before i started noticing nicks in the frame and the hardware was becoming tarnished.

I wouldn't recommend Chanel eyeglasses. Go with a brand that specializes in eyeglasses.

I purchased mine from lenscrafters about 3 years ago and have had no problems. They are the black acetate frames with the silver cc's at the hinges. Unlike my Chanel bag I do not baby these!

My Chanel eyeglasses barely lasted 1 month before i started noticing nicks in the frame and the hardware was becoming tarnished.

I wouldn't recommend Chanel eyeglasses. Go with a brand that specializes in eyeglasses.

My eyeglasses also has the same problem after few months. I'm waiting till this pair is totally gone and I'm gonna get another brand (it will definitely cost me less..).

I have had my plastic frames for over two years now. They are getting ready for their third set of lenses. Between these frames and a pair of black Versaces I have never had issues with the quality or the adjustment. I wear a progressive trifocal prescription and have NEVER had to have the frames readjusted not even from the second set of lenses. There has never been any discoloration or loss of decoration (tiny pearls -- I think, because I am so farsighted, I thought they were grey studs, but I believe they are little grey pearls!) Lenscrafters is the best. They give the 30% discount for AAA members or always have some promotion going on. Perhaps my glasses are in such good shape because I rarely take them off.
I will definitely get another pair for my next prescription and use the frames I am now using for sunglasses.
--Judy.
ps not all lenscrafters are licensed to sell and service chanel frames

Reactions: nyshopaholic
I've had my eyeglasses for several years. They've held up well considering they've been bent and rebent into shape from being knocked off many times (kids - not dh). The crystals have fallen out. However, I was able to reorder the side squares which had the crystals on them for $15 (Pretty good for Chanel replacement). Company distributing the eyeglasses is Luxxotica. I kept the old parts in case I needed to replace any future ones, but I think I'll just order an extra set of parts, just in case.

I loved mine so much that I was able to buy another discontinued pair (opposite color combination) off of eBay.

My sister got a pair a few years ago, it had crystals on the side and now most of them fell off :/ but other than that they're still usable

HTH

I have them and really love them! I have owned 3 pairs to date (2 all acetate and one wire rim with acetate sides) and find that they are beautiful and durable BUT the acetate on them does dry out. So, if you by chance do get them wet, when they dry the acetate will appear "white or dry". The dryness can be fixed by applying oil or moisture to the acetate though. HTH!

Does the acetate dry out if I sweat or something? Does the dryness happen alot? Do you have to constantly add oil to the acetate? :wondering

I would get a pair of lindberg glasses. They look amazing and the lenses are customized to suit you best, and you can get whatever colour you want, and they don't break for the most part. Mykita also makes great glasses. You can step on them and they go back into place. Mine broke after a year and the company replaced the lenses for free.

The optometrist that I went to talked me out of getting Chanel eyeglasses because they said their customer service wasn't very good (i.e. long waits, etc).. and they make great bags as that's their specialty but in the eyeglass department they are lacking. Also, he told me the company that Chanel uses to produce their glasses but I can't remember now but it wasn't a brand that you'd pay very much for. I would suggest getting glasses from a company whose main focus is making glasses.

Also if you do decide to go with Chanel after all, I would advise against Lenscrafters as they are overpriced.

Also, I might add that if the glasses do last a while, they won't be in style forever even though they have the CC logo.

Hope this helps.

That's so sad to hear that Chanel glasses aren't that great. Do you know if Lulu Guinness glasses are durable? I'm debating between this and the Chanel pair. Also how would you know if a pair of Chanel glasses are authentic? Does it come with a authenticity card?

The Chanel pair I'm interested in is here:
http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8#8-r...wivelling-bicolor-and-enamel-camellia-6,4,8,7

It's the Essentials collection, #8.

Mine (3131 model) were just over 1 year old & it's as good as new.
I believe each pair comes with 2 years warranty.

OMG!! That's the pair I'm interested in with the Black Camellia flower. What color is yours? Did you ever have the acetate "dry out" as mentioned in one of the earlier posts? How much did you pay for your frame and lenses? Does it come with an authenticity card?