Chanel Espadrilles Club!

Here is the pix of projective soles on a brand new sole and on a used sole.

Black: this pair were in really bad condition that I was considered giving away. The cobbler had to remove the original sole, put on new sole and glue the esparto rope.

Blue: the cobbler kept the original sole, just added a protective sole on top of it View attachment 3729978
thanks for the photo! The rubber soles of my pairs look quite thin, like your blue ones (the SA sent them like that to me from the store), which is why I want to add an extra layer to protect the original soles. I've been wearing them about 5-6 times already so I think it's time to protect them to last longer!

Reactions: UpTime
thanks for the photo! The rubber soles of my pairs look quite thin, like your blue ones (the SA sent them like that to me from the store), which is why I want to add an extra layer to protect the original soles. I've been wearing them about 5-6 times already so I think it's time to protect them to last longer!
The blue pairs' original soles werent thin though. They only looked thin after he added on new soles. I learn that it is always better to have protective soles on before you ruin the rope.

Reactions: fally and iykyk
This might sound a bit of an odd question but for those of you who own the leather espadrilles, do you find your feet get sweaty in them during summer? I want a pair but worry about buying some and not using them due to fear of ruining them

Are they breathable?

Reactions: UpTime
This might sound a bit of an odd question but for those of you who own the leather espadrilles, do you find your feet get sweaty in them during summer? I want a pair but worry about buying some and not using them due to fear of ruining them
Are they breathable?

I haven't had that problem. Sometimes I wear them with those liner/socks that are like of stocking material...those definitely absorb any kind of sweating issue you may have.

Are they breathable?
I do, I feel too hot on my feet wearing these all leather in the summer in CA. So I wear them most in the cold seasons

Reactions: fally
I haven't had that problem. Sometimes I wear them with those liner/socks that are like of stocking material...those definitely absorb any kind of sweating issue you may have.

I do, I feel too hot on my feet wearing these all leather in the summer in CA. So I wear them most in the cold seasons

Thank you both for your input! :smile: Maybe I'll hold off buying a pair since I'm looking for summer shoes at the moment

Are they breathable?

Yep, i posted the pic before your post and i can say that i never thought of the sweaty feet issue but in the blazing heat it happens

Yep, i posted the pic before your post and i can say that i never thought of the sweaty feet issue but in the blazing heat it happens

Feet are sweating in my linen ones here in Scotland today!!

It was strangely hot today in the UK! I probably wouldn't mind so much if I were just in the UK but I don't think I'd want to wear them in Hong Kong

Reactions: terri w