Chanel Espadrilles Club!

Hi I have never thought of your idea and quite honest it's kind of funny but if it works for you Great! I do own a wood stretcher and they worked great for me, my stretchers are adjustable, basically you put them inside the shoes and opened them up little by little until your desire. HTH :smile:

Honey I've never even tried it before! Lol as I googled ways to stretch a shoe I've stumbled across a few blogs stating how it worked. Thought I was brave enough to do it, but as someone mentioned that it may not turn out to be a positive result I immediately took them out. Now I have a damp shoe with hopes of a brighter day. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 6,015
There are many good ones; don't just rely on yelp. Ask at Neiman Marcus or Chanel or Dior and they will have great shoe repair referrals. I don't know who does it up in your area, but I have some names in OC. I'm so relieved to hear you took them out of the freezer!

Thanks for the advice love. I will definitely consider.

Willies usually does all my shoes. They are located in west Hollywood and are so great. I will continue to look around and get another referral. I like the idea of keeping a shop in business but less keen on the idea of bombarding them with so much work. I can be a very thoughtful and generous person. :heart:

Honey I've never even tried it before! Lol as I googled ways to stretch a shoe I've stumbled across a few blogs stating how it worked. Thought I was brave enough to do it, but as someone mentioned that it may not turn out to be a positive result I immediately took them out. Now I have a damp shoe with hopes of a brighter day. ;)

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo! Let them dry naturally, near heat but don't blow dry them, and you may as well wet them all over the top, so you don't end up with any spots. While they are wet, put them on and see if they stretch any at all (try socks if you can fit them as those shoes are gonna be c-c-c-cold!

Just make sure not to wet anything other than the canvas; don't wet the jute part, or it can make the glue weaken and they can unravel.

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo! Let them dry naturally, near heat but don't blow dry them, and you may as well wet them all over the top, so you don't end up with any spots. While they are wet, put them on and see if they stretch any at all (try socks if you can fit them as those shoes are gonna be c-c-c-cold!

Just make sure not to wet anything other than the canvas; don't wet the jute part, or it can make the glue weaken and they can unravel.

Okay. I will see by tomorrow. Right now they are casually drying. Good thing I don't see any darkened spots from the areas that were wet previously. I think I might be good.

Girls, I need your help. I want to order a pair of Chanel espadrilles but am so unsure about what size to get. I wear a size 38 or 39 depending on the brand. In a 39 I always have a little extra room. My feet are also very narrow. What size should I get? 39 or 40? Thanks so much for your help!

Girls, I need your help. I want to order a pair of Chanel espadrilles but am so unsure about what size to get. I wear a size 38 or 39 depending on the brand. In a 39 I always have a little extra room. My feet are also very narrow. What size should I get? 39 or 40? Thanks so much for your help!

Possibly a 40? I have a 40 and the insole measures 9.25".

I got my leather espadrilles today, and the sizing def runs smaller.
I'm usually 7, but had to go a size up - 38 and it's perfect.
It was hard for me to even try and fit into the 7!

Ladies I am reading through this thread and I see the espadrilles run small. Do they run a different size depending on material (canvas, leather, mesh)? I am a 38 in Louboutin, what size would I be in these materials? Thanks so much!

Ladies I am reading through this thread and I see the espadrilles run small. Do they run a different size depending on material (canvas, leather, mesh)? I am a 38 in Louboutin, what size would I be in these materials? Thanks so much!
I tried both the leather and the canvas at the Chanel store, and had to go up a size in both (I'm a 37). I could fit into the 37, definitely, but it was tight up front for both the leather and the canvas. I ended up purchasing the leather in the 38 because my SA told me that the canvas doesn't look as nice after wear. The heel part of the canvas tends to collapse and scrunches up. The leather is a less flimsy material.

Espadrilles as a whole (no matter the designer) stretch due to the inherent nature of the fabric. Soon they will be just perfect for you. :smile:

Once broken in, they are one of the most comfortable shoes imaginable.

Do you suggest sizing up a size? or should I get my normal size, then wait for them to stretch out? I'm normally a 36 in Chanel flats, do u think I should go w a 36.5 or 37? TIA

I went to Nordstrom today and tried on the Chanel espadrilles (in canvas and leather). I thought I would share my experience with the sizing in hopes of helping others. I wear an 8.5 in U.S. sizing and 39 in European sizing. I found the espadrilles to be extremely small and uncomfortable. I tried them on in a 39 and couldn't even get them on my foot! I also tried the 40 and while I was able to get it on my foot, I found it to be uncomfortable. I left without the espadrilles but managed to find a pair of ballets :graucho:

Also, I tried on the patent leather thongs that Irma posted earlier in this thread. They didn't have anything larger than a 38.5 in store, and were barely too small. However, these sandals are fabulous! They are so comfortable and chic. I highly recommend them if you haven't tried or seen them IRL!

Do you remember how much the leather pair cost? TIA

Last edited:
Do you suggest sizing up a size? or should I get my normal size, then wait for them to stretch out? I'm normally a 36 in Chanel flats, do u think I should go w a 36.5 or 37? TIA

From what most people are saying, they do run small. I would get them in a size that is comfortable, but they will stretch out. From all accounts, they do not run true to size but small.