Chanel espadrilles - classic or fad?

in_mybag

O.G.
Mar 28, 2012
What does everyone think? I LOVE THE LOOK and personally, I'd wear them for a long time... but I don't think I could ever spend $600+ on a pair of shoes that are only a fad.

Please let me know your thoughts -- need to let SA know whether I want them today!

For the price, it's worth it. I think they are great as a casual shoe and perfect for summer and the holidays.

With that in mind, I would safely say they are a classic - it is a flat shoe after all with a subtle and timeless design.

Buy them! :woot:

I love mine.. have two in beige leather and black canvas... really depends on your style... it totally fits my style... i like to throw on cute tank, cut off jean shorts, and espadrilles. if you see yourself wearing it then get them!! super super cute. :smile:

Reactions: Raffaluv
I love mine.. have two in beige leather and black canvas... really depends on your style... it totally fits my style... i like to throw on cute tank, cut off jean shorts, and espadrilles. if you see yourself wearing it then get them!! super super cute. :smile:

It fits my style too -- heels look great but realistically, I only wear heels when I go out, I'm much more of a flats/slipon type of girl. How do you like the quality?

Even if it is a fad..should be worth it as long as you get good use out of it.

But they have been around for a few years now!!! and girls still fight over them =) i think u will be okay.

It fits my style too -- heels look great but realistically, I only wear heels when I go out, I'm much more of a flats/slipon type of girl. How do you like the quality?

I got both of mine about a month ago... i've been wearing the canvas ones almost every weekend and some night casual events... still looks like new! i havent sprayed it or put any treatment on it...

I am being a little more careful with my lambskin leather one though especially since it is beige... but otherwise I think canvas ones are worth it, less worry of scratches etc... so I can see why they justify pricing the canvas ones close to the leather.

I love how casual looking and easy it is to wear the espadrilles to jazz up an otherwise very casual outfit... it gives it the special touch and makes you feel cute!! :smile: