Chanel dustbags/sleepers

_shopaholic_

Dec 30, 2012
Hi! I just bought my first Chanel, it's a lovely vintage bag. It's gorgeous, but there's one problem tough. I don't have a dustbag, and I really need one because I don't want the bag to get more scratched than it is already... :sweatdrop:
At the moment the bag is wrapped in tissue paper, but I would prefer a dustbag. Does anyone know where I can get one? 'Cause it's a vintage piece I dont have a receipt so I can't go to the Chanel botique I guess? :smile:

It's against ebay's TOS to sell designer dustbags, boxes, or tags so you won't find a Chanel dustbag (unless someone manages to circumvent the policies illegally).

Hi... you can try going to the Chanel boutique to get an original. Here are two ways I would suggest:

1) Just simply ask. Bring in your bag, tell them you don't know where you dust cover is (which is technically a true statement), and tell them you want to BUY one. They will most likely offer you one for free. SAs will not give out "free" dust covers, but if you bring in your bag and offer to pay for one, I would expect a nice SA will get you one.

2) Take your bag in for a deep clean/conditioning, and when you pick it up, ask them if you can buy another dust cover because you do not know where yours is.

Chanel does not give away dust covers for free. But if you spend money there (like cleaning a bag) and certainly when buying a new bag, and ask to "buy" a dust cover, they will most likely give it to you. Best way to get a new dust cover is when you are spending money with them.

Both examples above are from my own experience. Example #1 was at Bal Harbour where they just gave me a replacement cover. But... I do buy bags there. However, example #2 was in NYC where I was getting a bag cleaned. I did not bag the bag there, and just asked to buy another dust cover.

The downside is you may not get the "matching" size for your bag. They will just grab one from their back stock. But it will be Chanel.

Good luck and congrats on your new vintage bag!

Hi... you can try going to the Chanel boutique to get an original. Here are two ways I would suggest:

1) Just simply ask. Bring in your bag, tell them you don't know where you dust cover is (which is technically a true statement), and tell them you want to BUY one. They will most likely offer you one for free. SAs will not give out "free" dust covers, but if you bring in your bag and offer to pay for one, I would expect a nice SA will get you one.

2) Take your bag in for a deep clean/conditioning, and when you pick it up, ask them if you can buy another dust cover because you do not know where yours is.

Chanel does not give away dust covers for free. But if you spend money there (like cleaning a bag) and certainly when buying a new bag, and ask to "buy" a dust cover, they will most likely give it to you. Best way to get a new dust cover is when you are spending money with them.

Both examples above are from my own experience. Example #1 was at Bal Harbour where they just gave me a replacement cover. But... I do buy bags there. However, example #2 was in NYC where I was getting a bag cleaned. I did not bag the bag there, and just asked to buy another dust cover.

The downside is you may not get the "matching" size for your bag. They will just grab one from their back stock. But it will be Chanel.

Good luck and congrats on your new vintage bag!

Thank you! The problem is that there's no Chanel botique in Sweden (Where I live). Maybe I'm going to another country soon and then I can go to a Chanel botique there :smile:
How much was the dustbags when you bought them? :smile:

It's against ebay's TOS to sell designer dustbags, boxes, or tags so you won't find a Chanel dustbag (unless someone manages to circumvent the policies illegally).

Oh, really? :amazed: I saw on of the Karl Lagerfeld style Chanel dustbags on eBay for just some days ago! Well, I'm searching on other places as well, but now I know that I'm not going to search on eBay anymore... :smile:

Thank you! The problem is that there's no Chanel botique in Sweden (Where I live). Maybe I'm going to another country soon and then I can go to a Chanel botique there :smile:
How much was the dustbags when you bought them? :smile:

They just gave them to me. I did not have to pay. But, my suggestion to you to offer to BUY the bag is because it shows true intent that you want to buy a bag and not just get one for free. I am sure a lot of people ask for free dust bags.

I didn't know that. See them on ebay all the time. Maybe it's a new thing?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-accessories.html

Not allowed
Accessories or packaging without the accompanying product. Examples include:
Dust bags
Plastic tags (including a tag with a serial number)
Ribbons
Tissue paper
Box for a branded watch without the accompanying watch
Empty jewelry pouch, tin, or other container that may be used to hold and sell a similar or identical product
Warranty or certificate (blank, valid, or expired) without the accompanying product

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-accessories.html

Not allowed
Accessories or packaging without the accompanying product. Examples include:
Dust bags
Plastic tags (including a tag with a serial number)
Ribbons
Tissue paper
Box for a branded watch without the accompanying watch
Empty jewelry pouch, tin, or other container that may be used to hold and sell a similar or identical product
Warranty or certificate (blank, valid, or expired) without the accompanying product

Oh... I didn't know that actually! I've seen so many ribbons and dustbags on eBay so I thought it was legal :smile: