chanel diana vintage flap - yay or nay

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hello! I'm considering a 4 series (abt 1996?) vintage flap. the corners are all perfect and the turnlock logo isn't tarnished. do you guys think that USD2300 is a reasonable price for this condition? I've attached the pic from the seller.

any thoughts would be appreciated!

I'll probably give up thoughts on the mini rectangular for now as I find the diana flap would be a better add to my collection.

Attached Files:

2. here's the pic of the front of the bag.

Attached Files:

3. I love the Diana flap! This vintage seems to be in great condition. I am not sure how much the new one is but I do love the quality of the hardware on the vintage bags.

I am not sure about price though but it's a lovely bag!

4. Hi there,
    This price seems roughly consistent if not somewhat lower than those on eBay in similar condition. It's a gorgeous bag. You might try checking the sold listings for more definitive answers. Personally I don't think it's too out of line. Good luck to you.

5. I think it is a nice bag...and it would appear from the pics to be in good condition.

6. I have the same bag in excellent condition with auth card, dustbag and original box. This asking price seems to be on the higher end of the range for these bags. I have the 9" size and this looks to be the same. Price of course is higher for the 10" size and all the caviar versions. Depends on how much u love the bag. This one seems to be in great condition but I would make sure it comes with everything. If bag only, then definitely higher asking price

7. last december, i saw the 8" version (in same excellent condition as the one you're considering) sell for about $1800-$1900 on Ebay.

8. My friend just bought the 10" version in great condition for $1600 (Listing price was $2100, she made an offer of $1600 and they accepted it!). The seller was Onquestyle. She has received the bag, and it looks great just like in the listing.

The one in your picture looks like 8-9", and $2300 is a lot, I think.
    Even if they don't have the Make Offer option, you can always message them and ask. Sometimes they will agree.
    Good luck!

9. thanks everyone who replied with your thoughts. I decided to go ahead anyway as there was an authentication service and also the possibility to return it, and it came with the full set except receipt.

the usd price I stated was an approximate conversion of the currency where I live. after doing some research for sellers in my country they are mostly ard this price for the better condition ones/the newer series. I could probably get a 10" for this price yes but I much prefer the original 9" that princess diana carried :smile:

can't wait to receive it!

Bubbir likes this.
  10. Beautiful bag - looking forward to your reveal!