Chanel Deauville tote in tweed - need opinions please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Looking to make a choice between red and black from 2019 prefall collection. The one that is made from soft tweed with Lurex. Of course I would prefer black, but red is a better price deal. What do you think about this red for year around. Especially if you have seen in real life. Thanks.
    upload_2019-8-10_16-19-23.jpeg upload_2019-8-10_16-19-53.jpeg

amacasa likes this.
  2. I personally prefer black bags, especially if they're a big tote bag since they're a workhorse type of bag and don't get used as carefully as mini bags so black is always the safer option. For small or mini bags, red would be lovely though

plue89 likes this.
  3. Black! I got the black one and it's really pretty in person :smile: someone on Instagram said the red looked a little faded in person

4. I agree. With big bags especially if you are going to be using it often it’s hard to keep clean. The Deauville tote in beige or light denim is so pretty but gets grubby after 1 year so I think I would go black too :smile: also a coloured big bag imo is much harder to style where as black is more neutral and will go with everything

julia.pa likes this.
  5. I actually bought turquoise tweed and received many compliments even from Chanel SAs.

Attached Files:

Stratford, JoeyLouis and wyu1229 like this.
  6. Thank you. Is it a colour (turquoise) that can be worn year around or summer? Thanks again for posting.

7. yeah. this is a good color.

8. I wear it all the time and cary many things in it.
    I bought it in June this year prior leather ones being released. The Chanel print has purple/grey sparkle in the light.. I saw red one too but I liked the turquoise better.
    It’s personal preference.

9. how much are these lurex deauville large size? thanks guys

10. are these large sizes? how much again" thanks

11. Aloha! I had the black one and it was beautiful. However, I sold it within a few months after because it was so darn heavy. I only carried the basics but this bag hurt my shoulders and was way too heavy. That is why I bought the small size that has only the shoulder straps instead and that fits my lifestyle much better.

Stratford likes this.
  12. Trying to decide on the small or large size- what do you all prefer? I want to use this everyday and I’m thinking large might be too big

13. Which size fits better to your lifestyle? Do you have to carry laptop or other devices or A4 folders/documents on a daily basis? If yes, I would get the large.

14. Just daily mom stuff- diapers, wipes, sippy cup....small would prob be ok.

15. I think with the baby the small is easier to manage, unless you want to have the option to carry the bag by hand, then the extra handles on the large would be handy.

Km2181 likes this.