Chanel Deauville Shopping Bag with Sequins

timmd

O.G.
Feb 27, 2012
Does anyone have this bag?? I am so in love with this bag but trying to talk myself off the ledge :P I wish I could see it in person but the only boutiques that have it are far away. I love the Deauville Studded in Caviar (gold or ruthenium) and seems more practical but I am just mesmerized by this bag. I am just concerned about exactly how heavy it is........if the sequins would make it uncomfortable to wear. Also concerned about the wear and tear and durability of this bag but just so beautiful to look at, especially in videos. I have considered just ordering it and returning if feels impractical but I never return bags and would wind up keeping I am sure even if I didn't love it as much as I think I will. I know I should just stick with the caviar version but this is almost too beautiful to pass up. Anyone have thoughts/own this bag? Thank you for your input!

1594572752401.png
1594572806874.png

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
It's really pretty!! There's a video of someone trying it on on YouTube. If you love it go for it!!
yea there are two and I keep drooling watching them.......but also know the issues sequins could offer. I have never had a bag completely covered in sequins so just curious......and not being able to see in person makes it more challenging

Bummer- the video won’t play. Well, here’s a pic of what the bag looks like in person.
hahaha I was wondering, I kept clicking on it and thinking I can't get the video to play, this just looks like a picture......I did not read the second post. Such a gorgeous bag, I really love it, just do not know if the leather one would be more practical.

hahaha I was wondering, I kept clicking on it and thinking I can't get the video to play, this just looks like a picture......I did not read the second post. Such a gorgeous bag, I really love it, just do not know if the leather one would be more practical.
leather is of course more practical haha. If this isn't going to be used every day I don't see why not. But if you're literally carrying it around every single day go for the leather. Could you maybe just order it and see how it is in person?

Reactions: timmd
@nashpoo Yea that is what I considered doing but I always feel bad returning when I order so rarely do it. I actually considered buying both and then returning the loser lol. Then I don't feel bad just sending back one....but will come from different places so I guess still the same thing. Of course the risk in that is I love and keep both :graucho:

Reactions: nashpoo
@nashpoo Yea that is what I considered doing but I always feel bad returning when I order so rarely do it. I actually considered buying both and then returning the loser lol. Then I don't feel bad just sending back one....but will come from different places so I guess still the same thing. Of course the risk in that is I love and keep both :graucho:
LOL I totally feel you!!! Honestly I'd just order both! These bags are pricey so I'd want you to be totally happy with your decision! I'm excited to see which one you end up with :smile:

Reactions: timmd
I'd be worried about the sequins rubbing against my clothing, potentially damaging my clothing or the bag if I wore it under the shoulder. Definitely unique but I personally would go with the leather. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: Passau
I'd be worried about the sequins rubbing against my clothing, potentially damaging my clothing or the bag if I wore it under the shoulder. Definitely unique but I personally would go with the leather. Good luck with your decision!
Yea my exact concern.....and possibly catching on things and pulling off but very beautiful to look at. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal
So I am going to make a decision in the morning and still really torn, we so want the sequins one I just think the leather makes sense. Anyone else see the sequins bag today/this weekend and have any thoughts? I wish there was a video review out there already.

My sa just sent me a picture LOL it's cute

View attachment 4787363
Yea I decided definitely ordering in morning, I already wrote me SA so he can order it first thing in morning and hopefully overnight because start long stretch of work days on Thursday would be impossible to sign for it and plus who wants to wait :giggle: Found another video from London that she started and ended the video with this bag and it just sealed the deal. Who cares about practicality, we have 20 other practical bags :graucho:

Where is your SA? When I asked the Chanel online chat there was 3 but seems like may be more by reading peoples posts/videos.