Chanel deauville raffia vs lurex

I just purchased the lurex Deauville in black. It seems like it will hold up well. I have a Deauville I purchased last winter in raffia and I recently noticed there is some corner wear. I don’t really baby my bags but it was disappointing to see wear and a little fraying in a bag I don’t use often. I’d say go for lurex.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I just purchased the lurex Deauville in black. It seems like it will hold up well. I have a Deauville I purchased last winter in raffia and I recently noticed there is some corner wear. I don’t really baby my bags but it was disappointing to see wear and a little fraying in a bag I don’t use often. I’d say go for lurex.
Thank you so much that is very helpful

Reactions: Km2181
Here is a pic of the corner wear I mentioned- I only used the bag a few days while on vacation in August so I was disappointed that this happened.
Omg that’s bad and unfortunate! I really wanted the 19c with the gold hardware but it’s raffia so I think I will look for the black from 19A in lurex even though I don’t particularly like silver hardware. Thank you so much

Omg that’s bad and unfortunate! I really wanted the 19c with the gold hardware but it’s raffia so I think I will look for the black from 19A in lurex even though I don’t particularly like silver hardware. Thank you so much
Yes, I purchased this one....haven’t used it yet but I think it will hold up better ☺️

Attachments

• 15C174FD-AE8D-4C89-A39D-087199B296CC.jpeg
    15C174FD-AE8D-4C89-A39D-087199B296CC.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 505
Reactions: ErikaKot
Yes, I purchased this one....haven’t used it yet but I think it will hold up better ☺️

thx a lot for sharing a pic of your beautiful deauville tote! i really love this bag, but unfortunately, i wasn't able to find it when it came out. do you mind sharing how much it was at the boutique? i am trying to look for one in the preloved market and wonder how reasonable the price is. :blush:

thx a lot for sharing a pic of your beautiful deauville tote! i really love this bag, but unfortunately, i wasn't able to find it when it came out. do you mind sharing how much it was at the boutique? i am trying to look for one in the preloved market and wonder how reasonable the price is. :blush:
They retail for $3,000

I gave the same in turquoise and used it a lot. The writing is in light purple and it shines under light. No issues. Every time I go to chanel store in different countries, the SAs always compliment it .
What a gorgeous Deauville bag! What shade is the hardware, I can't tell from this picture?