Chanel Deauville medium/large- canvas, denim, or raffia?

dbloggy

May 15, 2016
Hope everyone is well! Any advice on which of the fabrics to choose? Pros/cons/durability/care etc between the canvas, denim, and raffia? Thanks!

Reactions: Samuestar

sandycps

Jul 5, 2018
Hope everyone is well! Any advice on which of the fabrics to choose? Pros/cons/durability/care etc between the canvas, denim, and raffia? Thanks!
im planning to get one too and im still waiting for the right combination. I read somewhere that raffia will be a better choice since its a mixed material.
For me, my hardest choice will be the size. I love the large tote as it has a handle with shoulder chain. However, its seems alittle too big on me when I try it on. The medium is perfect but it doesnt have the handle. Im torn! :confused1:

Reactions: dbloggy

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
im planning to get one too and im still waiting for the right combination. I read somewhere that raffia will be a better choice since its a mixed material.
For me, my hardest choice will be the size. I love the large tote as it has a handle with shoulder chain. However, its seems alittle too big on me when I try it on. The medium is perfect but it doesnt have the handle. Im torn! :confused1:
SAME HERE. I really want a lighter coloured deauville.
I had the one with the top handles but I feel like it looked huge on me?? It also got kinda heavy.. I'm considering the size down without the top handle but I'm not sure..

0658B460-6D79-402E-AC22-88E0A434C381.jpeg

sandycps

Jul 5, 2018
SAME HERE. I really want a lighter coloured deauville.
I had the one with the top handles but I feel like it looked huge on me?? It also got kinda heavy.. I'm considering the size down without the top handle but I'm not sure..

View attachment 4786573
wow... it looks good on you in this photo. :biggrin:
How tall are you? Im 5 feet 2 (158cm). Yea, im not sure with sizing down either as it doesnt have the handle. I contemplated with the leather version but it doesnt look as pretty as the "cloth" material.

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
How tall are you? Im 5 feet 2 (158cm). Yea, im not sure with sizing down either as it doesnt have the handle. I contemplated with the leather version but it doesnt look as pretty as the "cloth" material.
I'm also 5'2"! Haha. So torn. :-s

dbloggy

May 15, 2016
I don’t know much about raffia-I would have guessed the opposite but curious to hear everyone’s experience

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
Ok, I ordered the size without top handles... I NEED THE TOP HANDLES. bahah

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
yea the tote look alittle empty without the top handle.... did u get an exchange? the size actually looks good on you
Ugh I know what you mean haha. I just sent it back and I'm still waiting for stores to receive the bigger size. Hopefully soon