Chanel Dad Sandals

Hello! Hoping someone can help. Does anyone own the original rubber versions and can advise if they are also large for size? I have a size 36.5 foot and I have found a size 37 pair in the original rubber versions and wondering if they might be too big. Thank you!

They have been around for a while now and looks to me that they are still popular.
After a season or 2, how are they holding up? Are they that comfortable ? Would you buy them again?

Thanks in advance for the insights.

Reactions: yukongolden
I have 2 pairs - the all black lambskin and the black mesh/patent material. They are both very comfortable. The mesh pair has different sole material that feels rubbery (lighter weight, not slippery) while the lambskin pair has wooden soles (feels heavier). I didn’t put on the non-slip soles on mine, and they felt only slightly slippery the first few times I wore them. I’ve been wearing the lambskin pair for a few months and so far so good. Just waterproof them and don’t wear them in the rain.
1181A82D-F3B9-4185-BDE0-38403E22C20F.jpeg

They came out in 2016 spring summer aka Chanel Airlines in silver leather, crackled silver leather, led illuminated tweed, super heavy, watch the runway shows and see the models clip clop and struggle as they walk…. just before the 2017 cruise collection. They are heavy! I don’t like that they call them dad sandals, lol. I think YouTubers and the dreadful influencers made them popular recently.

I don’t recommend them because they have no grip in the bottom , just like the no grip in the Gucci slides, which makes it very slippery and dangerous, aside from them being super heavy and not comfortable imo. Some are nice too look at though, if your young enough to bear the weight

Reactions: shyla14
Hi - I recently purchased the Chanel dad sandals and must say they are gorgeous! My question is for those who own them concerning comfort. They do seem very comfortable with one spot in particular that isn't. I am referring to the back velcro strap around the ankle , the spot that is on the inside of the foot/ankle there is that piece of leather that seems to rub. Will this soften/become more comfortable? Hopefully I am explaining this clearly... Thanks everyone.

Reactions: platanoparty