Chanel Cuff Bracelet Owners - Advice Needed

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Hi ladies! I haven't posted in awhile because I am trying to use and enjoy the bags I have so I have not had any new bag purchases recently. Yesterday, I purchased two Chanel cuff bracelets - one is the blingy Boy Lego cuff and the other is a CC cuff in black with pearls and crystals. I am looking for some advice since they are pretty pricey for costume jewelry.

I think they are gorgeous, but, for those of you who have them, can you please chime in on: (1) How often you wear them; (2) What you wear them with (dressed up or dressed down or both); and (3) If you find them comfortable or confining to wear for long periods.

I am used to wearing a watch and VCA Alhambra bracelets along with a tennis bracelet so the cuff feels quite different to me both in terms of fit and style. I think it will just take some getting used to, but would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World
Hi G&Smommy, the cuffs are gorgeous! You have a tough decision. I have several Chanel CJs (particularly brooches) and if they have big logos I don't like wearing them with Chanel bags/shoes, because they make me feel like a 'walking advertisement'. This is why I have stayed away from the cuffs, but your thread may make me change my mind. :graucho: Good luck!

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Hi G&Smommy, the cuffs are gorgeous! You have a tough decision. I have several Chanel CJs (particularly brooches) and if they have big logos I don't like wearing them with Chanel bags/shoes, because they make me feel like a 'walking advertisement'. This is why I have stayed away from the cuffs, but your thread may make me change my mind. :graucho: Good luck!
Thanks! I think the logo is more subtle on the Lego cuff. I am wondering about the wearability of the CC cuff in part due to the prominence of the logo. It also fits more tightly and is not as comfortable.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Maybe these photos will help. I am trying to decide between these - I will keep only one. The outfit I have on is an indication of my usual style. I wear a lot of sweaters and skirts, brands like Rag & Bone, M Missoni, Helmut Lang, Theory, Vince, Rebecca Taylor, and similar contemporary brands. I would love any opinions!

Attachments

luvmydiego

O.G.
Jan 17, 2011
I personally love the lego cuff on you, and would keep that one for sure. Do you mind me asking the circumference of the cuffs? I have always admired them but they look so small.

If I could fit into the lego cuff I would purchase it as well.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
I personally love the lego cuff on you, and would keep that one for sure. Do you mind me asking the circumference of the cuffs? I have always admired them but they look so small.

If I could fit into the lego cuff I would purchase it as well.
Thanks! I am leaning towards the Lego cuff. I don't know the circumference, but my wrist is around 6.5 inches and they fit very snugly, especially the CC cuff. The Lego cuff is slightly larger, but not by much. I tried another CC cuff in the store and it would not even close. They are definitely on the small side. HTH and thanks for the input! BTW, love your avatar pic!

luvmydiego

O.G.
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks! I am leaning towards the Lego cuff. I don't know the circumference, but my wrist is around 6.5 inches and they fit very snugly, especially the CC cuff. The Lego cuff is slightly larger, but not by much. I tried another CC cuff in the store and it would not even close. They are definitely on the small side. HTH and thanks for the input! BTW, love your avatar pic!
Thanks for the info, and my wrist is the exact same size. The cuffs at my store were so tiny I didn't bother trying them on. Wish they had the Lego cuff as it looks great on. It's definately a little less under the radar for casual and with the sparkle could be dressed up. They are both beautiful though no matter what you choose.

Thanks for the comment on my avatar, he was a little reluctant but I couldn't help myself, lol.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Thanks for the info, and my wrist is the exact same size. The cuffs at my store were so tiny I didn't bother trying them on. Wish they had the Lego cuff as it looks great on. It's definately a little less under the radar for casual and with the sparkle could be dressed up. They are both beautiful though no matter what you choose.

Thanks for the comment on my avatar, he was a little reluctant but I couldn't help myself, lol.
Ha ha! It is too cute! My cat was not too happy with reindeer antlers, but I couldn't resist that either :smile:

Thanks again for the input! You should definitely try on the cuffs, some are tighter than others so it is hard to tell without trying on. I agree that both are beautiful options. I just feel the CC is maybe a little more dressy and prominent with the logo, which is why I am leaning towards the Lego.

spylove22

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
That's a tough decision but I would go for the lego! I always waned one of these cuffs, I almost bought one this month but instead got the Hermes CDC instead.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
That's a tough decision but I would go for the lego! I always waned one of these cuffs, I almost bought one this month but instead got the Hermes CDC instead.
Thanks! The CDC is also on my wish list, but I don't live close to an H boutique and I understand they are hard to come by in any event. How do you like the CDC? Do you find it comfortable and easy to wear? I have been tempted to buy a pre-owned CDC but without ever having tried one on, it is a hard decision.

Serrazane

May 31, 2011
I love the LOOK of the Lego cuff, but for timelessness it has to be the the other one. Just wondering if the pearls and crystals are easy to fall off :/