Chanel Cruise 2020 - Which one should I get (keep)?

Lwy

Sep 20, 2015
I just bought the rectangular mini in navy lambskin with SHW from Harrods yesterday. I have always wanted the bag in black (it's my first Chanel). I ended up with the navy because:

1) Harrods did not receive any black rectangular minis on the first day, SA said they MAY receive it on Monday (not 100%).
2) Upon trying the navy I actually think it's quite nice! It's a very dark navy so in certain light (or no light should I say haha) it looks black. I wear a lot of black so this can add a little colour. It's different from a black, which, tbh, a lot of people own (no offence) but it's still a dark colour so I don't have to worry about colour transfer.

The SA said I can contact her on Monday to see if they have the black. I did not want to wait till Monday, find out there's no black then missing out on the navy too, so I bought it. What do you think? Would you prefer the black as your first Chanel or go for a seasonal colour that's also versatile?5C8A6DFC-D2C7-4C98-AAF8-D4DEC1CA4F6E.jpg

I just bought the rectangular mini in navy lambskin with SHW from Harrods yesterday. I have always wanted the bag in black (it's my first Chanel). I ended up with the navy because:

1) Harrods did not receive any black rectangular minis on the first day, SA said they MAY receive it on Monday (not 100%).
2) Upon trying the navy I actually think it's quite nice! It's a very dark navy so in certain light (or no light should I say haha) it looks black. I wear a lot of black so this can add a little colour. It's different from a black, which, tbh, a lot of people own (no offence) but it's still a dark colour so I don't have to worry about colour transfer.

The SA said I can contact her on Monday to see if they have the black. I did not want to wait till Monday, find out there's no black then missing out on the navy too, so I bought it. What do you think? Would you prefer the black as your first Chanel or go for a seasonal colour that's also versatile?View attachment 4592689
I think the navy is stunning and I am in a similar boat. I am looking to buy my first Chanel and it also will be a mini black flap. I like the navy but for me, I know I won’t be buying many Chanel’s in the future so it is important for me to have it in black. Whereas I just bought a Valentino rockstud spike bag in navy despite preferring the black, I chose the navy bc it is still gorgeous and it was 40% off. If the bag comes in on Monday, can you exchange it for the black bag?

I think the navy is stunning and I am in a similar boat. I am looking to buy my first Chanel and it also will be a mini black flap. I like the navy but for me, I know I won’t be buying many Chanel’s in the future so it is important for me to have it in black. Whereas I just bought a Valentino rockstud spike bag in navy despite preferring the black, I chose the navy bc it is still gorgeous and it was 40% off. If the bag comes in on Monday, can you exchange it for the black bag?

I think this navy is beautiful too! But I’m struggling because I wanted my first Chanel to be a classic black. Believe it or not, I don’t actually have a black bag in my designer collection haha But this navy looks really classy with a modern touch in my opinion, and less common than the black... The SA said I have 14 days to exchange it so that’s doable if they have it on Monday.

I LOVE Navy! I guess this is a bridge you have to cross if they don't get a Black one in time. It's obviously a beautiful bag, but are you going to be unhappy that you didn't get the one that's in your head? It will just depend on how much you love it and if you think you'll end up disappointed it's not the black one.

The SA said I can contact her on Monday to see if they have the black. I did not want to wait till Monday, find out there's no black then missing out on the navy too, so I bought it. What do you think? Would you prefer the black as your first Chanel or go for a seasonal colour that's also versatile?View attachment 4592689
Hi I managed to get a black mini at harrods on Friday at 10am when it opened . Don’t settle you will get black from one of the stores and I’m sure harrods will get more in.

don’t settle. I have learnt the hard way. They will always get black at some point, trust me.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I LOVE Navy! I guess this is a bridge you have to cross if they don't get a Black one in time. It's obviously a beautiful bag, but are you going to be unhappy that you didn't get the one that's in your head? It will just depend on how much you love it and if you think you'll end up disappointed it's not the black one.
I like navy too I have a lighter navy Marni bag. I'm actually quite happy with the navy, but in my mind I just keep thinking I should have the black as my first Chanel... The struggle is real!

Hi I managed to get a black mini at harrods on Friday at 10am when it opened . Don’t settle you will get black from one of the stores and I’m sure harrods will get more in.
The SA told me they received the black in square mini but not rectangular mini, which one did you get?