Chanel cross body

Discounts

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
I have walked several times into Chanel and Louis Vuitton with the intention of buying a bag. I liked LV Vernis, but the monogram turned me off. In general I don't like monogram bags. I also don't like the new LV designs with the big LV across the front. So I decided to get a Chanel. Chanel doesn't make its bags cross body. Very rare. I don't like any of the cross body ones they have. All the bags that I have bought that are not cross body don't get used because I have twin toddlers, and I need my hands free at all times!!! I also don't like changing purses much because I usually forget something. I have a big wallet because I carry many cards - healthcare, museum and zoo memberships, etc., and I have not just one but three for my kids too! Is there a good Chanel cross body that I could use regularly? I like the Classic, have also looked into the Boy Bag, but their straps are not long enough. I really like Chanel bags and saw a woman carry the Shopping Bag which looked very good, but I can't find a long enough strap. Any recommendations?

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
I have walked several times into Chanel and Louis Vuitton with the intention of buying a bag. I liked LV Vernis, but the monogram turned me off. In general I don't like monogram bags. I also don't like the new LV designs with the big LV across the front. So I decided to get a Chanel. Chanel doesn't make its bags cross body. Very rare. I don't like any of the cross body ones they have. All the bags that I have bought that are not cross body don't get used because I have twin toddlers, and I need my hands free at all times!!! I also don't like changing purses much because I usually forget something. I have a big wallet because I carry many cards - healthcare, museum and zoo memberships, etc., and I have not just one but three for my kids too! Is there a good Chanel cross body that I could use regularly? I like the Classic, have also looked into the Boy Bag, but their straps are not long enough. I really like Chanel bags and saw a woman carry the Shopping Bag which looked very good, but I can't find a long enough strap. Any recommendations?

There is a nice one for Cruise 16 called the CC Bundle-it goes cross body to over the shoulder. I also got one last month called the Casual Journey that does the same thing. They do make these bags; have you found a SA to help you? Both of these bags are also made of distressed calf which wear well.

A few months ago I also bought a small tote/bag that does the same thing. They are in fact out there!

bh4me

May 16, 2015
Have you looked into the reissue? The reissue strap is longer than the classic so it can definitely be worn crossbody. The leather is distressed calf so you don't have to worry much about scratches. If you have a large wallet, I would look into the 226 and above size.

Discounts

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
Maybe I need to get a better SA. Each time I go in and like a bag, I hear "Chanel is not meant to be worn cross body, the bags are dressier". It is like they don't want to bother since they already get so many customers. They don't even open up and show more photos, just what is in the store. If they don't have something they don't even talk about ordering it. I have never purchased a Chanel but walked into a few of their boutiques in NYC, and it is always the same. They get so many customers that they don't bother to go beyond. BG's Chanel is awful with one SA guy lying to me and trying to hide it, and then giving me very dirty looks since I didn't buy because he was lying! I would love for a SA to spend some time in understanding what I am looking for, showing me photos for products not in the store that they could order. Instead, just yesterday the SA was like "Chanel is not meant to be worn cross body".

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Maybe I need to get a better SA. Each time I go in and like a bag, I hear "Chanel is not meant to be worn cross body, the bags are dressier". It is like they don't want to bother since they already get so many customers. They don't even open up and show more photos, just what is in the store. If they don't have something they don't even talk about ordering it. I have never purchased a Chanel but walked into a few of their boutiques in NYC, and it is always the same. They get so many customers that they don't bother to go beyond. BG's Chanel is awful with one SA guy lying to me and trying to hide it, and then giving me very dirty looks since I didn't buy because he was lying! I would love for a SA to spend some time in understanding what I am looking for, showing me photos for products not in the store that they could order. Instead, just yesterday the SA was like "Chanel is not meant to be worn cross body".

There is your problem, this is completely ridiculous. Many of us also wear our jumbo's cross body and it is not too dressy. You need a new SA! Look on the recommended Sa thread. If you are in NY, this should be easy to find!

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
It will help if you search on the forum and see the options first.

This is a fairly common question and I'm sure SAs get that a lot!

Many members here want cross body Chanel! And it all depends on how much you carry too!

Do a search and you'll find lots of recommendations for Chanel cross body bags!

Last edited:

Vienna

Jun 27, 2010
I've been looking for a new Chanel Crossbody as well and I am thinking about an LV Crossbody but was also unsure of the large silver or gold LV on the front. I haven't seen the LV Crossbody in person yet but someone told me the LV on front compares to the size of the CC on a jumbo?? Which is hard to believe since the LV looks huge on the bag in pictures.