Chanel costume jewellery

oceanz22

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
Hi all! Not a post on Chanel’s products itself but the box and pouch that comes with it. I am living in a hot, humid country and understand thing loses its form easily due to it. When I was tidying my jewellery area today and saw that the pouch in my Chanel’s earring box had some one spots. I decided to wash it as I thought the material looks like velvet cloth or something that’s washable. To my horror, the washing got out of hand. I have attached pic. Now I noticed my necklace’s box pouch had some fading of the velvet ‘cloth’. See attached too.

I love my Chanel pieces. No complain about that but just thinking wouldn’t Chanel come up with better quality storage pouches. although it’s costume jewellery and not fine jewellery but few hundred bucks are not exactly cheap as well. While I thought keeping a nice pouch would be ideal if one day I decide to sell the items .

Just wonder if anyone had encountered the similar situation or know doChanel replace the pouches that come with the jewellery?

A1639346-9DEE-4275-B9AC-03124AC17A3A.jpeg

7B1F49E8-1FC5-45A3-907F-53FA95806C5F.jpeg

C5F8BFB8-0C8E-41E8-AB5F-05BC09CFEBFC.jpeg

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
I haven’t encountered this myself but read many complaints about this velvet pouch for costume jewelry. Chanel has changed this velvet into other material (looks cotton to me) a couple of years ago. I still have some velvet pouches which I store in cool and dry place since I read the complaints here. So far so good. The new ones don’t look as luxurious though but safer I suppose.

Try to show it to your SA. I think it’s a known issue and they suppose to be able to give you a replacement.

oceanz22

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
I haven’t encountered this myself but read many complaints about this velvet pouch for costume jewelry. Chanel has changed this velvet into other material (looks cotton to me) a couple of years ago. I still have some velvet pouches which I store in cool and dry place since I read the complaints here. So far so good. The new ones don’t look as luxurious though but safer I suppose.

Try to show it to your SA. I think it’s a known issue and they suppose to be able to give you a replacement.
Thanks for the advice ! I bought it around two years ago.. I will try to call Chanel to check

Reactions: Iana24

kylienarak

I <3 Chanel
O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
CA, U.S.A.
I have a similar issue with the pouch you're showing here. Black pieces from the velvet pouch melted on my pearl brooch. When I tried to remove it, the shiny coated on the pearl came off as well. I took it to Chanel store to replace pearls since last year and still hasn't gotten it back yet (still in repair). I've learned to wrap all my jewerly with tissue paper (like how they wrap the bag) before putting it in the original pouch and box.

Maybe you can ask if Chanel can give you a new pouch since it is damaged? Good luck!

lime7

Apr 17, 2021
Hi, I’m having the same problem. There were black flakes falling off the velvet wrap covering my earrings. After cleaning and removing the flakes I was shocked to see that the logos were tarnished. I have yet to bring to boutique to enquire if it’s possible to polish and restore the gold plating on the logos. Does anyone know if Chanel does repair this? Or has anyone send your costume jewellery to elsewhere for such repair?

Attachments