Chanel.com and Mall of America - Help please

mumar_k

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Hi,
This is my second post in chanel forum. I am usually in coach forum, but I feel I need to get atleast 1 chanel anything (wallet, or wristlet or card holder !) that is $500 under. So here are my questions:

1) I was surfing chanel.com and did not find the price listed in the website. Why is that. or am I just missing something?

2) I just discovered that I live 3 hours from Mall of America. Can anyone tell me if Nordstrom or Macys carry Chanel bags or wallet. Do they give sale at all, if si how much %. Does the chanel store give % off?

Thanks a lot in advance. I don't know much about chanel , so please advice me!

Hi,
This is my second post in chanel forum. I am usually in coach forum, but I feel I need to get atleast 1 chanel anything (wallet, or wristlet or card holder !) that is $500 under. So here are my questions:

1) I was surfing chanel.com and did not find the price listed in the website. Why is that. or am I just missing something?

2) I just discovered that I live 3 hours from Mall of America. Can anyone tell me if Nordstrom or Macys carry Chanel bags or wallet. Do they give sale at all, if si how much %. Does the chanel store give % off?

Thanks a lot in advance. I don't know much about chanel , so please advice me!

Nordstrom at MOA carries Chanel.

No sales, except at designated times of the year, usually in late spring/early summer or around the holiday season. Expect to pay full price at all other times. If you want to know more about sale dates and price ranges, contact Nordstrom Mall of America Nordstrom directly versus ask here.

^^^ I take it you mean the wallet on chain, like the one Swanky just got? They should be around $13-1400 depending on material. (e.g. lambskin vs. caviar, etc)

To answer your questions:

1. Chanel doesn't post their prices online, no idea really why, but I assume since they don't sell any bags or accessories online, they don't find a need to. Also probably because prices vary depending on which country you are buying from (and my sneaky personal theory is because there's always some new price increase, they would prefer people to be kind of clueless about the prices! ;) LOL)

2. Nordstrom Mall of America is one of the few that sells Chanel. If it's too far for you to travel to, you can call them or practically any other Chanel boutique or NM/Saks that carries Chanel and they will be more than happy to ship the item to you if they have it on hand. Sales are usually only items that did not sell well, at certain times in the year (no idea when exactly, but you can look in the Chanel shopping thread, as there is some talk there about it) -like Roey said, expect to pay full price. They won't offer a percentage off, unless it is a store like Saks where you can get % off for opening a charge card.

-Not sure which wallets you could get for $500, I'm not sure about the shorter billfold wallets, because I tend to use the long checkbook styles, but those typically run about 900-1000, if not more depending on style. Maybe another member can fill you in on the wallets that are less than that range, because I wouldn't know firsthand. I know that card cases should run about $250, as I recently bought a metallic reissue one for $265.

Good luck!