chanel clogs for spring

mommy4luke, I kept the leather ones (#2) and they are Comfy enough. They are very high though. and it's a bit challenging to walk with but i get lots of compliments with them. Since I had both pair for 24 hours in my possession, I noticed the Linens were a bit more difficult to walk with because I felt the Linens did not support my feet enough, and also because of that, it seems like all the weight was in the heels versus the leather ones. Hope this helps. BUT like I said above, for me, the plastic brooch was a no no versus the price. I don't know where you live, but I know these clogs were sold 820 Euros all over Europe, so it really bothered me that with the exchange rate and the price tag - almost double $ 1795 in the US (it was just too much for poor quality). Usually the prices are slightly higher in the US but not that much.

That does help thank you!! I LOVE clogs, always have, but am not willing to wear ugly rubber sole ones - you know which I am talking about but I'm not saying the name JIC. Thanks for the feedback!! The ones I got are the brown leather with the flower on the side.

mommy4luke, for me, the clogs were too heavy to walk in on a daily basis, but I am used to wearing flats all the time now so my feet are not accustomed to any kind of heel. What a change from when I used to wear 3-inch heels all the time! If I can't see myself being able to chase my twins in a pair of shoes, I just can't justify them at this point, so I have been sticking with flats. Fortunately, there are a lot of beautiful options in flats right now!

Jennifer

That is what I am afraid of. I used to wear the 5 in. heels to work!! I have almost all flats now. The last time I wore a heel I fell. ;( Oh well we shall see. I was hoping for a lift without the heel KWIM? I'm only 5'2".

I am only 5'2" also and miss the heels, but I just can't walk in them anymore. I actually had to sell numerous pairs of shoes that just didn't fit or work for me after the pregnancy. I will say that the clogs are easier to walk in than most heels because they are bulky so you get more support than with a stiletto, but they are heavier than pretty much any flat or sandal you might own so it may take some getting used to. They are adorable though!

Jennifer

The linen clogs with DESRUES bijoux are $ 1795 + taxes, I just bought them and guess what.. I am returning them. I am so upset at myself right now .. I was dying for these shoes for so long, was on waitlist for so long and I finally got to buy them but really .. after a good night sleep .. and a serious look at the infamous BIJOUX - made of plastic - By simply trying them out, I started loosing a pearl. That's about it .. the quality is just not there, and the overpriced is def an issue. These clogs are sold 820 euros in France, how did they come up with a $ 1000 difference on such item is beyond me for the US market. I was expecting a brooch quality item in metal, and not a plastic element which is going to break in 2 months. I am so upset at myself and at CHANEL right now. I'm done !!! Don't buy those shoes, you will end with a pair of linen clogs not worth the name. If you have to, buy the calfskin models, they are much cheaper and the leather is spectacular. but not the ones with DESRUES, at least not for this price.
Thanks for letting us know!

mommy4luke, I kept the leather ones (#2) and they are Comfy enough. They are very high though. and it's a bit challenging to walk with but i get lots of compliments with them. Since I had both pair for 24 hours in my possession, I noticed the Linens were a bit more difficult to walk with because I felt the Linens did not support my feet enough, and also because of that, it seems like all the weight was in the heels versus the leather ones. Hope this helps. BUT like I said above, for me, the plastic brooch was a no no versus the price. I don't know where you live, but I know these clogs were sold 820 Euros all over Europe, so it really bothered me that with the exchange rate and the price tag - almost double $ 1795 in the US (it was just too much for poor quality). Usually the prices are slightly higher in the US but not that much.
Did you lat least have a chance to take full modeling pictures before returning them? :smile:

Hi gals! This is what caught my eye and am contemplating if it's a keeper. The calfskin is perforated, the wooden heel a bit perfo also.

Attachments

• 10P peep toes clogs.JPG
    10P peep toes clogs.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 117
  • 10P peep toe clogs.JPG
    10P peep toe clogs.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 10P peep toe clogs close up.JPG
    10P peep toe clogs close up.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 112
I like those but the back flap looks weird. Is it loose?

I actually like this back detail...like a halter. It's a bit loose, but then my feet are skinny, bordering on the narrow. There is another version in the boutique -- a peep toe but no cut-outs on the side/profile, and it has a single strap at the back. Sorry, no pic, but it looks like a typical mule with ankle straps that fasten with a buckle.

I tried on the peep toe version at NM and almost bought them. It was the weight and my fear of walking on heels that deterred me. I loved them, though, and they were surprisingly comfortable for clogs.

Jennifer