Chanel classic small quality check please!

Hi, I purchased a chanel CF Small size in black caviar with silver tone metal made in France. However, I was unable to visit the store myself so I had to ask my boyfriend. He's the type to take a look and scan once and like Meh okay.
I sent him the lists to check but he was super tired from work and got so annoyed at me and said "anyways there's only one stock and it's not like you can compare with another bag. You don't have any other choice. I'm busy and can't go to store like this often. Just make up your mind or I leave the store." And he said he doesn't see major issues and thinks it's fine.
I felt hurt and thought he's quite harsh and mean.:hrmm::annoyed: He's all about time efficiencies and stuff..he claims :/ and he has a lot of luxury Items for himself including Chanel Hobo Large. I know he doesn't care as much as I do..
He even said something like if you cannot afford a bag like this easily without worries and have to check so carefully then why do you buy it?
Anyways besides the story, I want to check with you guys who are more experienced with the bag. Could you please check the conditions for me and tell me your opinion? Thank you so much for your time.:heart:
Do you think there's any air bubble, stitch, asymmetric issues?

28E84373-D979-43F6-BD5F-1187452A4E3C.jpeg

478DD1E4-8F50-4A22-84F7-63A46E81F065.jpeg

6F8546AC-9600-4933-BA17-5DCB6C31E7CC.jpeg

FE9E3C3A-7CC9-4B55-A6AF-3F5A11EB7370.jpeg

A5406C62-1A04-42F9-85E1-331C188F35D1.jpeg

4FA6C1F8-9C2B-4917-84CE-709E43124233.jpeg

2207DCA9-BB01-43BF-AB29-E781F4DAFDFD.jpeg

0FA12D6B-F3DD-42E6-9072-6C86825F73A2.jpeg

DFEE7162-E89A-457F-8F27-E08993B864F7.jpeg

3EBD53BF-376B-49B7-AB63-DFE97994B359.jpeg

2BCC984F-061A-4B9A-BEEA-8B5CAF2CAFCB.jpeg

1. Puffy quilting diamond shape (No flat one)
  2. Shiny and glowy leather (No matt)
  3. Symmetrical and straight sides (Neat, No creasing)
  4. Symmetrical flaps (No lopsided) and laid tidy
  5. Equal caviar shape and size
  6. Matched quilting line (same on the back, no break through pocket)
  7. Logo placed right on the center (No crooked)
  8. Both sides in good equal shapes
  9. Stitch check (No loose or pop)
  10. No frayed leather edges
  11. Lining (No air pocket inside the lining)
  12. Hard flat bottom
  13. Holes punched in pretty much the same spots on each side
  14. No feathering chain and thread sticking out or any fraying
  15. No scuffs
Etc.
These are the lists that I found from purse forum and youtube videos. He thinks I am caring too much over something that's not 100% on my choice as there's no stock or something or like there might be another price increase while waiting for another back to check in the future.

The point is DO you see anything wrong with it that you think you should be concerned about. WE cannot tell you what's acceptable. If you think there are flaws, post pics of it so we can tell you if it's normal or acceptable. You pics don't seem to show any issues, but you are the one who has the bag.
I'm sorry if my post annoyed you.
The thing is that he's in HK and HK banns ppl without visa or citizenship. So I'm unable to go there to check by myself or buy myself within 14 days policy. Hk is a lot cheaper than my country like by 1k usd or so. And there might be a price increase in November or sooner according to online or the past history. I don't see major issues either and he's not willing to take more photos because he's tired. And I did a lot of research by myself..but as it's my first bag and i'm not an expert..I saw people could tell whether it's symmetric or not puffy or not shiny or matt stuff like that from photos..so i wanted to ask people with more experiences and knowledges for their general opinions.

I think it looks fine from the pictures. Maybe try not to stress too much over every small detail - if you really like and want the bag then just get it. Life is too short for anything else :smile:
Thank you for your time taking a look and giving me a precious opinion! My major concerns were 1. Symmetric VS Asymmetric and 2. Whether it's shiny and puffy (because I read online that No.29-30 tends to be matt and flat caviar....) May I ask your opinion if you think it's symmetric or not and shiny&puffy enough for this one I purchased...

I think if you are getting this through anyone else from a boutique far away you’ll have to be more flexible. Not everyone is going to have the patience to examine it from every angle.

I realize there is savings but given your list and concerns ONLY you will be able to approve of the purchase. Maybe wait for a future trip or pay the extra locally but know that you are getting what you want...?
I fear that with all these concerns you may save money but will likely have doubts about something when the bag arrives.

I'm sorry if my post annoyed you.
The thing is that he's in HK and HK banns ppl without visa or citizenship. So I'm unable to go there to check by myself or buy myself within 14 days policy. Hk is a lot cheaper than my country like by 1k usd or so. And there might be a price increase in November or sooner according to online or the past history. I don't see major issues either and he's not willing to take more photos because he's tired. And I did a lot of research by myself..but as it's my first bag and i'm not an expert..I saw people could tell whether it's symmetric or not puffy or not shiny or matt stuff like that from photos..so i wanted to ask people with more experiences and knowledges for their general opinions.
Don't be sorry or feel you need to explain yourself! It's understandable you want a good quality bag for this price. Like others have said, we can offer opinions but it'll ultimately be for you to decide. Based on the pictures, it looks fine!

What i've learned though is... there's no 'perfect' bag. You may find something wrong afterwards and you'll need to decide if you're willing to accept the flaw. To make it simpler for your bf, it's probably easier to tell him which big flaws are your deal breakers (mine would be crooked flap, scuffs, puffiness, shine.. ). Cuz, it's probably hard for him to check all 15 items thoroughly.

I am so, so picky and have bought many classic flaps over the years and studied many bags before actually making the purchases!!! I understand your stress but honestly I’ve learnt that if nothing major jumps out at you from the first inspection then just be happy with the bag. You will no doubt get it home and thoroughly inspect it and then find some flaws. This happened to me every time. None of these bags are perfect, trust me. I found nothing wrong with my most recent classic flap purchase and then I got home and found a few flaws. If it doesn’t jump out at you straight away then it’s all good. If you wait for a more perfect one you will probably end up with one that’s worse than the original. It looks good, don’t worry.

Going to be honest. It has been handled by people at the store because one can see a very faint line where the flap would open. Most boutique-fresh/mostly non-handled bags do not have this. Only you would be able to determine if it's worth the ~$1k USD in savings you get by having your BF buy in HK.

Other than that, no major issues from the photos you've provided. If I were making the decision, then yeah I'd relax and enjoy the $1k in savings. There ARE bags I've seen that are obviously crooked, or have blatantly poor stitching, very poor leather batch, etc. and on this one nothing very bad stands out.

Your list is very long, even as a Chanel lover and who enjoys shopping there with/and sharing with friends...I don't think I'd have the patience if a friend asked me to go over the checklist of details in purchasing for her.

I am VERY careful about sharing my luxury enthusiasm with anyone. My parents/extended family are very nosy and none of my past BFs were enthusiastic; I don't even feel perfectly comfortable with them looking at me browsing on my computer. Even if they see me being very financially literate and responsible, I run in circles where it's like "but you can do even better..." :smile: Try to contain your enthusiasm if it's not shared too much by others, and be as tactful and graceful as possible when making any requests for them to check for stock.

Reactions: kitkat_08
For my peace of mind and sanity I wouldn't trust someone else's judgement on a handbag that had a 15 point checklist. Believe me I made this mistake with someone sending me pictures from the store and when I received the bag I was highly disappointed.

I don’t see anything wrong with the bag either and agree with others that only you can determine if all the items on your extensive checklist is marked off to your satisfaction. For large purchases like this I would want to be the one to lay eyes on it myself and make the call. Personally speaking, I’d be terrified if someone gave me an extensive checklist and put all that responsibility on me. I would be fearful of disappointing them if what is acceptable to me isn’t acceptable to them.

Looks like a beautiful bag to me and I hope you enjoy it.

It looks fine to me! I read your list and I’ve seen so many quality control issues that I don’t think the list is unreasonable! At first glance it seemed like a lot, but when I read it most were basic things that should be looked for. Good job doing your research. It won’t ever be perfect, but I hope it’s close. It’s an expensive purchase, and you should be satisfied with it. I hope you are enjoying your bag.

Reactions: MiSa2019
Please forgive me if this is inappropriate. But I think this isn’t just about the Chanel bag. If I were you, I’d rethink about this bf of yours

Putting that aside, when I buy my cf, I check these 3 things
- FRONT flap is even
- BACK pocket stitching align with the rest
- SIDE not leaning forward (some bags can’t stand on it own and fall forward)

Please don’t take out the measuring tape and magnifying glasses. If you’re determined enough, you’ll find faults in just about anything and you won’t be happy. The bag looks good to me so far. However I couldn’t see if the stitching line up properly with the photos you provided.

Good luck;)