Chanel Classic Reveal and Story...

rosy82

Mar 28, 2011
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my story of getting my new Chanel "perfect for me" bag at long last!

Few years ago I bought my Chanel classic flap in the size jumbo in the cavier leather, thinking that that would be the perfect one for me but as time went on I started to feel frustrated with it and actually started to really, really dislike it.

Reasons being that it was so unbelievably shockingly heavy that my shoulder would ache. Then the straps would just not work on me. I am about 5'5 tall and if I doubled it I felt I would end up damaging it under my arms, if I wore it as a singe strap it would hang so low it would look silly. Then as i would walk it would just keep on hitting my legs - not the look I was after. After much thought I decided to sell my bag.

After some time and lots of research I decided to buy the boy Chanel as it was the complete opposite to the jumbo. I got it in lambskin and I completely love it. But I would still stare at the ladies who would wear the Chanel classic flap and I really started to miss the look of the classic flap.

I then started to really consider the medium size flap and did lots of research on YouTube. The ladies who have done reviews on the medium classic flap have done some brilliant reviews on it. I also realised that I don't actually carry that much so would not mind it being a smaller bag and the single strap looks great too! So I finally have my perfect Chanel bag.

I wanted to share this story because sometimes we might think that a bag is perfect because it's what everyone else seems to think or we think It looks amazing on someone else so would look great on us too but you really have to think about your own look, style, body, height etc.

I thought the jumbo would be amazing and never looked twice at the medium and now I am completely in love with it. I also feel like my collection is complete and have no desire for anything else! (Except slgs that would go perfectly inside the medium flap!)

Thanks for letting me share [emoji4]

IMG_1484936774.520256.jpg

Congrats!
I can relate to your story as well. I also had the caviar jumbo but soon realized that it wasn't for me. Same concerns as you, too heavy and big for what I want it to be. One person's "must have" or UHG does not have to apply to ourselves. Enjoy your bag!

Chanel makes so many different sizes and versions of a flap bag (seasonal items), I sure that there's a bag out there for the Chanel lover and it doesn't have to be the typical classic double flap. There are several Chanel devotees whose collection consist of only seasonal items. I always enjoy looking at them whenever they get revealed.

Reactions: nattyt145
Congrats!
I can relate to your story as well. I also had the caviar jumbo but soon realized that it wasn't for me. Same concerns as you, too heavy and big for what I want it to be. One person's "must have" or UHG does not have to apply to ourselves. Enjoy your bag!

Chanel makes so many different sizes and versions of a flap bag (seasonal items), I sure that there's a bag out there for the Chanel lover and it doesn't have to be the typical classic double flap. There are several Chanel devotees whose collection consist of only seasonal items. I always enjoy looking at them whenever they get revealed.

Yes completely agree with you! Thank you for replying and sharing your view. it's great to hear from others with similar stories [emoji4]

Congratulation on this best classic beauty! [emoji173]️[emoji4] The best decision! [emoji106]
Personally I also love the m/l the most in all Chanel classic flaps. It's just so classic to me and also perfect size for dairy and any occasion.
Enjoy your gorgeous & forever Chanel! [emoji177][emoji108][emoji847]

So happy that you found the right Chanel bag for you! Listen to your heart and buy what YOU love and not what everyone thinks is the "perfect Chanel bag". Perfect is personal and NOT universal! Congrats and enjoy your new Chanel bag!

Most people call the jumbo their holy grail--- it's nice to hear of others who prefer the m/l flap! Have the 227 reissue which I adore and have no desire for a jumbo. Instead, I want a m/l and a boy! Thanks for your post.