Chanel classic jumbo side sagging!! Help please!!

MarieB1

Jan 1, 2016
My beautiful pre-loved Chanel which I have had for 6 months is slightly sagging on the left side of the bag, I have attached some pics for u guys to see for yourself.

I knew the bag had this issue when I purchased it and I just wanted to know whether anyone has any helpful tips on how I can fix this or make it a little better.

Also, if anyone sent their bag for repair at Chanel and how much this would cost.

I make sure to never overstuff the bag, I'm very careful with how I put my things in there (photo attached) and how I store it when I'm not using it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463131196.985104.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1463131223.254803.jpg

Thanks!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463131236.773640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463131236.773640.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 1,505
Reactions: MsModernShopper
Oh I see what you mean, I would run to the Chanel store and speak to the Repair manager and see if he can send it to get reinforced on the sides..

How long have you had your bag? If they say they cant fix it I would ask them for the name of their repair shop so that you can go directly to them.

Best of luck

The bag itself is from 2007, and I've had it now for 6 months total. The bag is also in beautiful condition except for the side sagging a bit. I am going to London this weekend so I will visit the Chanel boutique and ask them about repair options!

Thanks mmaya.

The bag itself is from 2007, and I've had it now for 6 months total. The bag is also in beautiful condition except for the side sagging a bit. I am going to London this weekend so I will visit the Chanel boutique and ask them about repair options!

Thanks mmaya.
Your so welcome, let me know what they say..

Your so welcome, let me know what they say..

So I just got back from London and the staff were so sweet in the Bond street boutique they offered to get a reinforcement stitch however I would need to leave it at the London boutique and I live in Holland at the moment so I couldn't do that!! However I was told that it is natural for the bag to start to sag after some time and seeing as the bag is from 2007 they told me I should be ecstatic it has held up so well this far with just this minor issue. So now I'm thinking I'm just going to leave the bag as is.

Are u in the states? If so, leather surgeons is where Chanel sends their bags for repair. If overseas then I would start at your nearest Chanel boutique.

I currently live in The Netherlands but I am moving to NYC in July so I will pass by the Chanel boutique there to ask about my options. Thanks so much for the info about the leather surgeons, it's very handy to know.

What a beautiful single flap! I also have a preloved single flap jumbo and it has a similar problem. I don't mind it though. We'd love to hear more about your bag in the All the Single (flap) Ladies! thread :smile:
Hope you get it fixed. I have read that single flap jumbos tend to sag. Then came the double flap. I know they were lighter in weight but do not feel it when on my shoulder at all. If you prefer structured bags stick with the double flaps in larger sizes.:smile:

I currently live in The Netherlands but I am moving to NYC in July so I will pass by the Chanel boutique there to ask about my options. Thanks so much for the info about the leather surgeons, it's very handy to know.

The bag is over 5 years old...I don't think Chanel will repair it. See what they say first and if they refuse, just go straight to Leather Surgeons.