Chanel classic flap without serial number sticker

emilyby

Nov 7, 2016
Hi. I found this lady who us selling her bag online. Her brother supposedly peeled off the serial number sticker because he knew that she would have had no doubts about the authenticity. The bag also does not come with anything. From her pictures, I can tell that the screws on the other side of the clasp of her classic flap is rounded. How reliable is she?

Um I don't get it, so the brother peeled off the sticker from an authentic bag so that the seller wouldn't doubt the authenticity?? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I'm confused and would stay away! The fact that you are in doubt answers your own question.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I'd pass on this one. Removing the sticker hurts the authenticity claims rather than helps. It's just not worth the risk IMO, and w/o the sticker, it's just that much harder for professional authenticators to verify.

i wouldn't buy it. I think the lady straight out lied to you.

If you still are tempted... ask since they peeled off the sticker, asked if they have an authentic certfiication from a trusted source like Etinceier (sp?). See what their reaction is.

Also... if they offer you a discount... A seller who is solid on its authenticity willl not budge on their price and a buyer who question its authenticity will move to something they are more secure with.

I agree...stay far far away from this seller and this handbag in particular. Sorry dear, I'm sure you probably really want this handbag. But with Chanel, another will come along (preferably with a "whole set"). That's the only way I buy a Chanel on the Internet. Then, I get it authenticated too. You can never be too careful, but there are red flags all over this listing. Sorry... :crybaby:

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I did not get it the bag in the end. When I was talking to the private seller, I felt like she was always pressuring me to get the bag, by saying that she has 3 other girls who want to buy it and are ready to pay for it and that lots of people were emailing her about the bag. Her explanation for the lack of serial number sticker, authenticity card, dustbag, receipt, and box was that she trusts her brother 100% and they would always buy bags for her from the boutiques...a very GOOD reason. When I asked her for more pictures, they were very unclear, as if she took the pictures with a very shaky hand. She was definitely a liar. I decided to put my name down on a waiting list for the flap bag.