Chanel Classic Flap VS. Louis Vutton Speedy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I've been lurking for the past few months to find the perfect bag, and I know now with posting, I could get everyone's opinion.

I am not so much a "collector" as a "perfectionist". And I am now stuck between two bags. The Chanel Classic Flap or the Louis Vutton Speedy. Both sizes are currently undetermined, but I'm aiming for a medium/large. I would like not to have to "baby" my bags (Lambskin option is out the window! LOL!) yet for the bag to still retain value. I am also open to other bags, however, I have no found anything as a timeless classic as these two.

All and any help is appreciated! : )

2. depends on how much you want to spend. a classic flap probably costs three time as much as a speedy :hrmm:. i think the speedy is more casual and can be used every day, even when you're dressed down. meanwhile, the chanel is more dressy/classy . you should probably get both at some point in your life!

3. I love my epi leather speedy for a hand held, do you prefer shoulder carried or?
    [​IMG]

4. Chanel.

5. Chanel :biggrin:

6. The Chanel will be more versatile (can be shoulder carried) and will retain its value better. It costs a lot more than the speedy though.

7. Chanel!! that's such a beautiful bag.

but i am not a fan of the speedy at all, so i'm biased.

8. The price point isn't a concern, luckily. But my only concern is how is the Chanel Caviar in terms of maintenance?

Again, I don't really want to "baby" my bag.

9. speedy!

10. I have both and use my chanel classic flap way more than my speedy. I'd go with chanel!

11. Flap. you can carry it on your shoulder.

12. I first bought my LV Speedy and eventually received the Chanel flap as a gift.

Speedy upkeep is minimal, an occasional wipe down is all it requires. The Chanel is much more precious, and sometimes I feel out of place using it.

Speedy has lots more room, the Chanel I need to sort of think about how I'm putting things in there.

I don't feel as comfortable with setting down my Chanel as I do my Speedy in public places.

Guess what, the Chanel flap is still the "holy grail" of all my bags but the Speedy is my workhorse of the two.

Namwan- likes this.
  13. I prefer the Speedy, even if price is not an issue. There are other chanel bags I like better than the flap.

14. chanel is forever classic..:tup:

15. I have both bags and love the both. My Chanel Jumbo flap ismy favorite bag ever though. It's quite an investment though, so perhaps a Speedy would be a good place to start and you can safe for a flap?