Chanel Classic Flap VS. Louis Vutton Speedy

nguyenc

Feb 11, 2010
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I've been lurking for the past few months to find the perfect bag, and I know now with posting, I could get everyone's opinion.

I am not so much a "collector" as a "perfectionist". And I am now stuck between two bags. The Chanel Classic Flap or the Louis Vutton Speedy. Both sizes are currently undetermined, but I'm aiming for a medium/large. I would like not to have to "baby" my bags (Lambskin option is out the window! LOL!) yet for the bag to still retain value. I am also open to other bags, however, I have no found anything as a timeless classic as these two.

All and any help is appreciated! : )

depends on how much you want to spend. a classic flap probably costs three time as much as a speedy :hrmm:. i think the speedy is more casual and can be used every day, even when you're dressed down. meanwhile, the chanel is more dressy/classy . you should probably get both at some point in your life!

I love my epi leather speedy for a hand held, do you prefer shoulder carried or?
picture.php

I first bought my LV Speedy and eventually received the Chanel flap as a gift.

Speedy upkeep is minimal, an occasional wipe down is all it requires. The Chanel is much more precious, and sometimes I feel out of place using it.

Speedy has lots more room, the Chanel I need to sort of think about how I'm putting things in there.

I don't feel as comfortable with setting down my Chanel as I do my Speedy in public places.

Guess what, the Chanel flap is still the "holy grail" of all my bags but the Speedy is my workhorse of the two.

Reactions: Namwan-
I have both bags and love the both. My Chanel Jumbo flap ismy favorite bag ever though. It's quite an investment though, so perhaps a Speedy would be a good place to start and you can safe for a flap?