Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

Im a big fan of the JUMBO bag. I find it so functional. I have gotten away with using my black Jumbo from day to night. Nothing formal, but it looked nice with a black dress. I have the large as well in lambskin and I dont seem to use it much at all.

I actually think it's a good day bag, though a bit on the fancy side for me. If you tie up the straps and make them shorter the bag looks perfect, not too big. I'm definitely thinking about it :girlsigh: I was surprised how great it looked on my shoulder, and I'm not that tall, only 5' 6"

kitty nyc said:
I actually think it's a good day bag, though a bit on the fancy side for me. If you tie up the straps and make them shorter the bag looks perfect, not too big. I'm definitely thinking about it :girlsigh: I was surprised how great it looked on my shoulder, and I'm not that tall, only 5' 6"
That's what I did with mine, it looks good.

kitty nyc said:

Hello Kitty, I am about 5'4" and when I tried on the bag, it was a little too big for me :crybaby: and didnt look too good...Also, when you tie the straps to shorten it, does it "scratch" the flap when the bag is closed?

Meow said:
Hello Kitty, I am about 5'4" and when I tried on the bag, it was a little too big for me :crybaby: and didnt look too good...Also, when you tie the straps to shorten it, does it "scratch" the flap when the bag is closed?
No. The knot does not get in the way at all. Its easy and it stays put. It makes the bag easier to carry. It feels less "heavy" and looks a little less bulky to me. Here is a pic.
47b6da06b3127cce88af3dfff24d00000016108AZMXDdw2asp

Luccibag said:
No. The knot does not get in the way at all. Its easy and it stays put. It makes the bag easier to carry. It feels less "heavy" and looks a little less bulky to me. Here is a pic.
47b6da06b3127cce88af3dfff24d00000016108AZMXDdw2asp

Thanks Luccibag for the photo.. great help ! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

is too small but the jumbo looks weird

Looking to the experts here - pros & cons of the jumbo v the medium? I'm 5'3" and am a size 10P and wonder if the Jumbo is too big for me. My SA at Saks said I may not like the length of the chain on the jumbo (too long?). I have a Chanel bag from 2004 that is close to the size of the medium flap - so I'm trying to be practical!?! thanks ladies!

This is going to be my first Chanel. Either both sizes, I would hardly carry because I'm a full time mother (my elder kid is 4 yrs and the younger is 18 mths old) mostly staying at home. I only go out for shopping or dining once in a week.

My dilemma is that Jumbo is slightly too big but on the other hand Medium/Large is too small which can only fit limited stuff.

I'm tall 5'7" and skinny. Most of my bags are of bigger size. The smallest I own is LV Papillon 25.

Can anybody post the pictures you or celebrity carrying Flap Jumbo or Medium please.

Opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks

I'm planning on getting my first Chanel but not exactly willing to buy it at a brand new price. So I took a look around and found two options that are around the same price. the vintage large jumbo and the more recent 25cm classic flap (medium i think? i'm not too sure because i'm new to chanel) in lambskin. Both are around the same price range and now I just don't know which to choose. I know it's probably a matter of personal preference but I would love to hear your thoughts/opinions about it. TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Jumbo looks weird at all. If you plan on carrying a lot of stuff and using it on a daily basis, the Jumbo will hold a lot more than the medium. Plus, I don't really like the double flap of the medium. It's another step to getting access to your bag.