Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

I have the medium flap. I like the slightly larger look and sizing on my 5' 4 (around 161 cm) frame. Also I ended up getting a mini flap and though the mini and small were too similar in what they fit.

I think if you plan to add a mini flap to your collection in the future, consider the small and mini will fit similar things. Check youtube reviews.

Definitely small. I’m also 5ft, 86 pounds. I tried on the small white flap with silver hardware yesterday as well as a medium pink one, small looks just right for my size while medium looks too big on me; feels like the bag is wearing me instead for the latter. Just note that small only can fit the long chanel wallet and my phone, nothing else. Definitely have to use a compact wallet with this bag. I’m dropping by chanel again to pick up a pair of boots later, if I change will try to take a pic with small but In the meantime you can see how big medium boy is on me already and make your comparison.

1EA3277F-ED7B-45D3-8FAA-88D33ADD6257.jpeg

I was all set on the m/l (black caviar, SH), but ended up walking out of the store with the jumbo. I took it home, and just had this gut feeling like it was the wrong size, went back to return it the next day and get the m/l again. Honestly the jumbo was just TOO heavy once you actually put something in it...I knew I'd get so annoyed carrying it around all day and it would stop me from reaching for it, when I have much lighter bags like the speedy that I can lug things around in.

I absolutely love the m/l. For reference I'm 5'4 with slight build. I think it matches my proportions perfectly, looks so classy, and perfectly transitions from day to night. Plus I can fit all my essentials (I pack light, usually just long wallet, phone, chapstick, keys, hand sanitizer, mask).

tl;dr: M/L all the way!

I was all set on the m/l (black caviar, SH), but ended up walking out of the store with the jumbo. I took it home, and just had this gut feeling like it was the wrong size, went back to return it the next day and get the m/l again. Honestly the jumbo was just TOO heavy once you actually put something in it...I knew I'd get so annoyed carrying it around all day and it would stop me from reaching for it, when I have much lighter bags like the speedy that I can lug things around in.

I absolutely love the m/l. For reference I'm 5'4 with slight build. I think it matches my proportions perfectly, looks so classy, and perfectly transitions from day to night. Plus I can fit all my essentials (I pack light, usually just long wallet, phone, chapstick, keys, hand sanitizer, mask).

tl;dr: M/L all the way!
You will love it. It’s the perfect size and very versatile. My M/L is always appropriate, dressed up or dressed casually. It holds the essentials without being cumbersome, and I just think it’s very elegant and chic. Like you, I have a speedy and other larger options for times when I need to carry more. I think you made a great choice. Enjoy!

Reactions: XCCX
I just went for a jumbo bc I already have a mini, woc and a seasonal lambskin flap that is slightly larger than the m/l. It depends on how you want to use it and how many bags you want to have in your collection as each bag serves its purpose.

I was gifted a caviar Jumbo by my hubby a few years ago for our anniversary and I ended up buying a lambskin m/l for myself later on to add to my collection. I honestly thought I would like the m/l more but I still prefer my Jumbo. The m/l just feels too dainty and small and I dislike having to play the Tetris game when trying to fit/move things around inside.

I am 5'2" and a size 10ish (US) so I'm not what most would call slender.. maybe average? And I still don't find it overwhelming. I used to do strength training too (but haven't in a year or more) but I don't find it heavy either.

I have been going back and forth about the m/l and jumbo for months. I recently purchased the reissue 226 and even this size just about fits my daily essentiels, so now I’m set on the jumbo. I’ll probably get it in the lambskin due to the weight difference. And I have always been into the “oversize” look with casual outfits.

I just bought my first chanel this month, and it was a m/l. I waffled over the m/l vs jumbo for months and months as I was saving up, and I was convinced the ghw jumbo was going to be my bag, but I walked out with my shw m/l, and I don't regret that choice at all! At the end of the day it came down to my lifestyle. I did an honest assessment of what I do day to day and weekend to weekend, and realized that a larger "take everything with you" bag that can transition to evening wear just....isn't needed for me! I don't go many places, and when I do it's during the day and only for a few hours, and I don't really go out much at night. So! casual, light and easy to carry day bag was the right one for me! And yes also, the jumbo is SUPER heavy; my shoulder started hurting just from walking around the store and talking to my SA!

My personal taste is a CF small or medium at the biggest. But that's just because I'm quite petite. If I were to choose between those two, I'd still go for Large! Because jumbo feels a bit too big for a daily carry or even a night out and I heard it could be quite heavy and make your shoulders tired!