Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

the medium has a Shorter strap than the small, is that right?
I was surprised how short it actually was on me, when i tried one. around 46 cm / 19 Inches ? is that normal? are there differences?

Hi!
This is probably one of the most asked question. But, I have been driving myself mad not being able to reach a decision.
This will be my second Chanel bag purchase. I own a square mini lambskin chevron with light ghw.
I’m 5.2” for reference and I have decided on Caviar quilted with ghw. But I absolutely cannot decide on the size.

Is the Jumbo double flap heavy after a long day & does the chain dig on shoulder?
Will the Medium be too small if I wanna carry it when I travel? I don’t want to have buyers remorse.
Light ghw or ghw looks better? The new season chanel medium seems to have the light ghw, but I would prefer a more darker gold tone.

Neither bag can be carried crossbody. Well...the jumbo technically can be but it’s super awkward and will sit way too low if you’re 5’2. I’m the same size as you and purchased a jumbo. I would not use the bag for traveling and sight seeing, but love it for daily use. I never noticed a problem with the weight. The medium flap does not fit much at all. The jumbo is really not that big of a bag either! I absolutely love the jumbo! Try on both and decide. (If you want a crossbody, the reissue, business affinity, or medium boy are awesome choices!!)

I agree with WillWork4Fashion. I'm also 5'2 and got a jumbo 6 months ago after much back and forth between medium and jumbo. I don't think it looks too big. I've been using it for full day outings, and it does not hurt or dig into my shoulders at all. Medium is significantly smaller than jumbo, and I would not have been able to get as much use out of it as I would have liked. I'll also not be using the Jumbo for traveling.

I vote for the Jumbo! I am 5'1 and bought a Jumbo a few years ago. The Jumbo has that extra space that the medium doesn't have. The extra space is good on days when you need to bring a small umbrella, a notebook or LV agenda, a small makeup bag for long days and when you go day to night. It is larger than the medium, but still looks like a reasonable size on small frames. Also, the Jumbo will perfectly fall on your hip, whereas the medium will fall a bit lower or stay almost under your armpits. The jumbo will be useful on most occasions. The weight and chain are not that heavy. You can get used to the weight, if it is uncomfortable now.

I tried on the medium several times. It was a bag that I did consider a lot. I tried to see how I can fit all my essentials in there... It is a cute bag, but then there is a compromise between sunglasses or something else. You need to downsize. Anyway your bag will be packed and you would have to take things out to find essentials... the bag is pretty but will limit the occasions to use it. You already have a mini for those occasions, so the Jumbo gets my vote.

Reactions: mrs.JC and Pradagal
I don’t have the jumbo but have the m/l .I have the mini as well and the m/l will fit a bit more than the mini .So if you think you want to carry more then go for the jumbo .I like that size but because of my shoulder issues I have to carry the bare minimum .

I had the same dilemma. I’m also 5’2” but I have curvy hips. The jumbo looked huge on me and hit right at my curvy hips making it look even more boxy. I liked that the jumbo holds more, but I could only wear it one way...double strapped where it hits my hips. Single strap and crossbody were way too long for me. The m/l could be worn single or double strap and even crossbody in a pinch (it sits high though so I rarely do this). I also liked that the m/l could easily fit into a larger tote bag when I travel (I put it in a NF with my laptop) so I don’t have to check my suitcase. The drawback to m/l is the size, but I switched to a smaller wallet and learned to carry less. It’s also so lightweight I can walk around for hours without it getting heavy. Good luck deciding.

Im 5 feet 2 , I also have both bags.
Medium= I feel its my most loved size . I carry essentials only, but it's light and cute- classy. I can wear it crossbody because of my size. It feels very lux and what the essence of what chanel is ( in my opinion).But , I do feel like I wish it was bigger sometimes.
Jumbo= it does get heavy, and I cannot wear it crossbody ( some people can) It fits all my needs and more ( sometimes its half empty ( then I take my medium out).
They are different bags and serve different purposes. I would not buy another jumbo ( unless I get a beautiful colour at a really low price with consignment).
Btw, I also own a square mini and love that bag ! I can fit almost the same amount in my mini vs my medium. But I can add a pair of sunglasses ect...
to be honest I bought first the jumbo, then the mini, then the medium. I do feel like I NEED all :smile: xxx
My vote is medium. it is more versatile ( day to night) the Jumbo imo is too big for going out to a fancy event.

Since you’re concerned about longevity of using it, I would definitely get the m/l. It fits more and is the classic size. I’m 5’4 also and love the m/l. Later if you can get a mini, that would be a nice crossbody option.