Chanel Classic Flap - Medium vs Jumbo

Large or jumbo?????

• Large!!!

• Jumbo!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wander Woman

May 12, 2019
How much do you want to carry? Do you value crossbody wear?
Hi! I do like to have crossbody as option.
As for carrying, I don’t carry way too much but at the same time scared the medium will be too small?
You see my dilemma here?
Thanks for replying btw.

Jan 25, 2007
Neither bag can be carried crossbody. Well...the jumbo technically can be but it’s super awkward and will sit way too low if you’re 5’2. I’m the same size as you and purchased a jumbo. I would not use the bag for traveling and sight seeing, but love it for daily use. I never noticed a problem with the weight. The medium flap does not fit much at all. The jumbo is really not that big of a bag either! I absolutely love the jumbo! Try on both and decide. (If you want a crossbody, the reissue, business affinity, or medium boy are awesome choices!!)

staneja

MrsS
Dec 31, 2018
I agree with WillWork4Fashion. I'm also 5'2 and got a jumbo 6 months ago after much back and forth between medium and jumbo. I don't think it looks too big. I've been using it for full day outings, and it does not hurt or dig into my shoulders at all. Medium is significantly smaller than jumbo, and I would not have been able to get as much use out of it as I would have liked. I'll also not be using the Jumbo for traveling.

Classy_Sam

Jul 22, 2014
I would choose the jumbo, because the medium doesn’t fit that much and can’t be worn crossbody. On the other hand, the jumbo is so heavy, even when it’s empty.

Apr 26, 2009
I vote for the Jumbo! I am 5'1 and bought a Jumbo a few years ago. The Jumbo has that extra space that the medium doesn't have. The extra space is good on days when you need to bring a small umbrella, a notebook or LV agenda, a small makeup bag for long days and when you go day to night. It is larger than the medium, but still looks like a reasonable size on small frames. Also, the Jumbo will perfectly fall on your hip, whereas the medium will fall a bit lower or stay almost under your armpits. The jumbo will be useful on most occasions. The weight and chain are not that heavy. You can get used to the weight, if it is uncomfortable now.

I tried on the medium several times. It was a bag that I did consider a lot. I tried to see how I can fit all my essentials in there... It is a cute bag, but then there is a compromise between sunglasses or something else. You need to downsize. Anyway your bag will be packed and you would have to take things out to find essentials... the bag is pretty but will limit the occasions to use it. You already have a mini for those occasions, so the Jumbo gets my vote.

Reactions: mrs.JC and Pradagal

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
UK
I don’t have the jumbo but have the m/l .I have the mini as well and the m/l will fit a bit more than the mini .So if you think you want to carry more then go for the jumbo .I like that size but because of my shoulder issues I have to carry the bare minimum .

mnl

O.G.
Jan 8, 2008
I had the same dilemma. I’m also 5’2” but I have curvy hips. The jumbo looked huge on me and hit right at my curvy hips making it look even more boxy. I liked that the jumbo holds more, but I could only wear it one way...double strapped where it hits my hips. Single strap and crossbody were way too long for me. The m/l could be worn single or double strap and even crossbody in a pinch (it sits high though so I rarely do this). I also liked that the m/l could easily fit into a larger tote bag when I travel (I put it in a NF with my laptop) so I don’t have to check my suitcase. The drawback to m/l is the size, but I switched to a smaller wallet and learned to carry less. It’s also so lightweight I can walk around for hours without it getting heavy. Good luck deciding.

christine728

Mar 6, 2018
Montreal
Im 5 feet 2 , I also have both bags.
Medium= I feel its my most loved size . I carry essentials only, but it's light and cute- classy. I can wear it crossbody because of my size. It feels very lux and what the essence of what chanel is ( in my opinion).But , I do feel like I wish it was bigger sometimes.
Jumbo= it does get heavy, and I cannot wear it crossbody ( some people can) It fits all my needs and more ( sometimes its half empty ( then I take my medium out).
They are different bags and serve different purposes. I would not buy another jumbo ( unless I get a beautiful colour at a really low price with consignment).
Btw, I also own a square mini and love that bag ! I can fit almost the same amount in my mini vs my medium. But I can add a pair of sunglasses ect...
to be honest I bought first the jumbo, then the mini, then the medium. I do feel like I NEED all :smile: xxx
My vote is medium. it is more versatile ( day to night) the Jumbo imo is too big for going out to a fancy event.

Reactions: AAngela

catmdl

Apr 25, 2018
I was all set on the m/l (black caviar, SH), but ended up walking out of the store with the jumbo. I took it home, and just had this gut feeling like it was the wrong size, went back to return it the next day and get the m/l again. Honestly the jumbo was just TOO heavy once you actually put something in it...I knew I'd get so annoyed carrying it around all day and it would stop me from reaching for it, when I have much lighter bags like the speedy that I can lug things around in.

I absolutely love the m/l. For reference I'm 5'4 with slight build. I think it matches my proportions perfectly, looks so classy, and perfectly transitions from day to night. Plus I can fit all my essentials (I pack light, usually just long wallet, phone, chapstick, keys, hand sanitizer, mask).

tl;dr: M/L all the way!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
I was all set on the m/l (black caviar, SH), but ended up walking out of the store with the jumbo. I took it home, and just had this gut feeling like it was the wrong size, went back to return it the next day and get the m/l again. Honestly the jumbo was just TOO heavy once you actually put something in it...I knew I'd get so annoyed carrying it around all day and it would stop me from reaching for it, when I have much lighter bags like the speedy that I can lug things around in.

I absolutely love the m/l. For reference I'm 5'4 with slight build. I think it matches my proportions perfectly, looks so classy, and perfectly transitions from day to night. Plus I can fit all my essentials (I pack light, usually just long wallet, phone, chapstick, keys, hand sanitizer, mask).

tl;dr: M/L all the way!
You will love it. It’s the perfect size and very versatile. My M/L is always appropriate, dressed up or dressed casually. It holds the essentials without being cumbersome, and I just think it’s very elegant and chic. Like you, I have a speedy and other larger options for times when I need to carry more. I think you made a great choice. Enjoy!

Reactions: XCCX

DPL-LVlady

Jan 16, 2017
I just went for a jumbo bc I already have a mini, woc and a seasonal lambskin flap that is slightly larger than the m/l. It depends on how you want to use it and how many bags you want to have in your collection as each bag serves its purpose.

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Midwest (formerly Honolulu)
I was gifted a caviar Jumbo by my hubby a few years ago for our anniversary and I ended up buying a lambskin m/l for myself later on to add to my collection. I honestly thought I would like the m/l more but I still prefer my Jumbo. The m/l just feels too dainty and small and I dislike having to play the Tetris game when trying to fit/move things around inside.

I am 5'2" and a size 10ish (US) so I'm not what most would call slender.. maybe average? And I still don't find it overwhelming. I used to do strength training too (but haven't in a year or more) but I don't find it heavy either.