Chanel Classic Flap - Medium vs Jumbo

Large or jumbo?????

• Large!!!

• Jumbo!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
USA
I love my jumbo. Like many others here I have a m/l also, but the jumbo is my favorite bag. It carries everything I need as well, it’s not heavy and it’s classy. If you’re out for the day and end up going out at night, it’s still not a bag that you’re going to wish you left in the car, like a tote or something similar. I dislike the m/l because I can’t fit much of anything in it. It’s definately my going out bag. I’m 5”4” 120lbs so while I’m “smallish” I don’t feel the bag dwarfs me. I’m definately going to be in the market of a beige jumbo soon.

Cats&Chanel

Oct 29, 2018
South Florida
I love my jumbo. Like many others here I have a m/l also, but the jumbo is my favorite bag. It carries everything I need as well, it’s not heavy and it’s classy. If you’re out for the day and end up going out at night, it’s still not a bag that you’re going to wish you left in the car, like a tote or something similar. I dislike the m/l because I can’t fit much of anything in it. It’s definately my going out bag. I’m 5”4” 120lbs so while I’m “smallish” I don’t feel the bag dwarfs me. I’m definately going to be in the market of a beige jumbo soon.
We’re nearly identical in size, and the jumbo wears well with suits, pea coats, and trench coats (perfect now that it’s getting cool outside). It doesn’t dwarf me, but it is very noticeable and stands out as a statement piece. I love that as my standard look - a somewhat oversized bag, but not overly so.

Reactions: jbags07

boomer1234

Nov 12, 2017
I am of similar size and I love my jumbo. I feel like the M/L is a little too formal sometimes for night time. If I am going to dinner or drinks with the DH or BFF, I opt for my jumbo surprisingly. I never thought I would because I always heard that it would be too big on my frame. But the more I use it, the more I love it!

I am also a "studier" looking gal.... if that helps.... lol

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
USA
I am of similar size and I love my jumbo. I feel like the M/L is a little too formal sometimes for night time. If I am going to dinner or drinks with the DH or BFF, I opt for my jumbo surprisingly. I never thought I would because I always heard that it would be too big on my frame. But the more I use it, the more I love it!

I am also a "studier" looking gal.... if that helps.... lol
I wondered when I bought it if I was going to use it as much also. I find that since I got it, I haven't changed out to another bag except for a smaller bag when I was going out for late night drinks at a bar. I really do feel like it's the perfect sized bag.

Reactions: Pradagal

Mathilde84

Nov 27, 2018
I prefer the jumbo because it's just the size that suits me, in the medium I could hardly put my wallet.
I like to have some space in my bag.
And then the jumbo is very easily slung over the shoulder.

Reactions: Pradagal

lvmon

Jun 17, 2015
I bought the much sought after M/L in black cavier and silver hardware but exchanged to the jumbo size in the same commbo as I intend to use this bag as a daytime bag, hope I will not regret due to the weight!

Ilaura75

Jun 13, 2013
Paris, France
Hi!
The Jumbo of course! I wear mine day and evenings/nights, casual and formal. It all depends on how you are dressed and your attitude and presence. For a black tie event I would just wear a pochette/clutch but for dinners, evenings out with my husband and friends to bars or events, theaters, concerts, restaurants, my Jumbo follows me everywhere as it is so versatile.
All the best ! Follow your heart ;)

Reactions: LouisV76

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I have 2 jumbos and one M/L (2 of the 3 are shown in a pic above in a previous post). I just saw a medium black lambskin flap that I swore I would buy if I ever ran across. I may have to get it, but I know I’m not going to use it that frequently. Somebody please try to stop me lol.

Last edited:

Mathilde84

Nov 27, 2018
I bought the much sought after M/L in black cavier and silver hardware but exchanged to the jumbo size in the same commbo as I intend to use this bag as a daytime bag, hope I will not regret due to the weight!
I have it in jumbo version, and I don't have any particular problem with the weight, I prefer it, we can put more things in it, because in the classic medium only my wallet would fit.

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Darn, the medium black chevron lambskin flap I wanted was sold!!!!! This is why my motto is usually, “Buy first, return if necessary later.” Bummer!!!

mcheng96

Mar 27, 2016
Large is more versatile for evening (jumbo is too big for evening for sure) Which size would depend on how much you need for everyday. Have you been to the boutique to try? That may help with your decision.

Wander Woman

May 12, 2019
Hi!
This is probably one of the most asked question. But, I have been driving myself mad not being able to reach a decision.
This will be my second Chanel bag purchase. I own a square mini lambskin chevron with light ghw.
I’m 5.2” for reference and I have decided on Caviar quilted with ghw. But I absolutely cannot decide on the size.

Is the Jumbo double flap heavy after a long day & does the chain dig on shoulder?
Will the Medium be too small if I wanna carry it when I travel? I don’t want to have buyers remorse.
Light ghw or ghw looks better? The new season chanel medium seems to have the light ghw, but I would prefer a more darker gold tone.