Chanel classic flap medium caviar

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    I just purchased the bag and I found out one of the corner the area next to the stitch crack a little, I talked to my SA she said it’s normal coz the bag is handmade. Do you guys think it’s normal and acceptable? Is the crack very significant? Please help! Thanks.

1CEEE7FD-9067-4AE9-836E-F867936F889B.jpeg 75AC2E13-F56C-41E7-BD82-7B8476B547B0.jpeg 810F52BE-BE4A-4D0F-8F16-87DB122681D2.jpeg
  2. Looks fine to me
    Likely the grains of leather characteristics

3. Looks just fine to me as well...we tend to over scrutinize our new purchases, they cost so much!

C7F97601-3E45-497D-ADF0-6D5BD2D93DA0.jpeg
    41CBF173-08BC-4014-BE23-A016479359A7.jpeg
  6. It looks worn out. Did you bump the corner against something maybe?

7. It’s completely brand new. I got it from the store two days ago. I showed to my SA and she said this condition is normal. But she is willing to exchange another one for me.

8. I would not be happy with the condition. Definitely exchange!

Bronzi522 and lvchanellvr like this.
  9. I am still waiting for this bag to restock in order to exchange, but I am worried the new bag may have similar flaws on it since a lot of people has discovered chanel quality is not as good as before.

10. Always inspect carefully in stores to avoid disappointment. Good luck :smile:

11. You might encounter a different flaw altogether. ie: slanted base where the bag may tip forward, crooked ccs, loose thread, lopsided flap where one side dips lower than the other side, etc. You have to check the bag in its entirety now.

12. Thanks for the heads up!

13. Oh I would change this straight away!! :biggrin:

I'm so ridiculously accurate what comes to new bags. Never would accept those corners! But I'm a lambskin person, so I'm not sure is that normal with caviar?

(And I do use my lambskin beauties almost daily.. of course they are showing some marks after wearing them for years and I really do love how lambskin ages but when I purchase a new one from boutique it has to be perfect in every way. Yes, I'm totally the craziest bag lady but loving it :biggrin:)

14. Not normal, return it!!! If it makes you unhappy, return it. Don’t settle for obvious flaws like this.

Kapusiini likes this.
  15. I would exchange it. I think the stitching was too tight or something?