CHANEL CLASSIC FLAP M/L OR MINI?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear ladies,

A few months ago I was between the M/L classic flap and the Jumbo. I always looked for preloved as a new one would be too expensive for me. So I bought a Jumbo Caviar with GHW. Now I have found two other bags and I don't know which one would be better. Both lambskin and Silver HW. The M/L and the mini which in youtube looks so cute. The truth is that I would want a little more space, but it can be worn cross body and that is a plus for me. Also if I wanted to sell one of them in the future which one would be sold more easily?

I would greatly appreciate your advice like always.

TIA

2. Honestly, the m/l doesn't hold much more than the mini because of the double flap. The crossbody wear is also a great option for the mini. Since you are getting lambskin, I think a mini is also better choice since its smaller and easier to take care of. The mini is also easier to resale since it is a seasonal item and more rare. Hth!

Vvicky likes this.
  3. m/l cannot be worn crossboy while mini (both rect and square can). that should be your deciding factor and seems like you want crossbody option so i would say get the inini!! i have both sizes and find myself using mini much more often than my m/l ones. in terms of resale value, both are great bc they are classic flaps and hold onto their value well!

lyndaht83 likes this.
  4. I prefer the m/l over and above the mini. I went to Chanel to check the mini, and did not like it. It is too boxy for such a small size.

5. Do you think you would end with 2 bags? I ask that because...

I like to do classic colors (black, navy, etc) in M/L as I feel that the M/L size is just so quintessential Chanel and elegant/chic. I tend to prefer getting rectangular mini in FUN bright colors, as the smaller size gives a casual feel so I like it in more fun pops of color and shiny material. Further, the M/L in classic black would give me the option of a bigger but elegant look when I want to use as an evening bag if the dressy outfit goes well with a bag of this size (especially in lambskin); while if the outfit calls for a smaller true clutch size look, then a bright color/shiny material rectangular mini would fit that need as well. I own a pink/rose gold rectangular mini w/SHW and if I am wearing a dressy but more funky/daring evening outfit, I would definitely reach for that, vs. a more "traditional" dressed up evening outfit, I may reach for a black lamb M/L.

so if you may get more in the future, and feel similar to above, then maybe get the lamb M/L first and wait to get a fun color rectangular mini?

Hope this helps....

OCDshopaholic likes this.