Chanel classic flap - loose stitch?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys,
    I’ve had this bag since start of the new year, and used it only 2-3x. There a loose stitch on the bag. Should I bring it in and have them fix it or just snip it off? I know these bags are handmade so it may not be 100% perfect, but I do get bothered with small flaws. Anyone had experience with this?

Attached Files:

2. It looks like if you snip it off it would be fine. I would just snip it with very sharp scissors and call it a day :smile:

OCMomof3 and lulilu like this.
  3. I also had this with 2 of my bags.
    I bought a bag and within a week a stitch came loose i returned to the store and they had it fixed for me . The other one just happend last week but i got it for a Year now .. i dont want to drive an hour for 1 loose stitch :doh: But scared to cut it myself . So i am following this topic as well:tup:

vivaciousbev1 likes this.
  4. Haha I’m literally in the same situation!!

ChanelMini likes this.
  5. Do you know how they fixed your first bag? As someone who worked luxury retail, we would often use common sense quick fixes for items. There is part of me that wonders if Chanel simply snipped the thread, but I have no personal experience.

lulilu and ChanelMini like this.
  6. I went to the Boutique and they called the seamstress that works for chanel (in the netherlands ) she took te bag at the back and came a couple minutes after back with it.. i wasnt there with her but i think she just cut it.. since it was all in a couple of minutes .

7. Thank you; I expected that. However, I am sure there could be instances where a loose thread isn’t always benign.

ChanelMini likes this.
  8. I would snip it. I just did it on the bottom of a wallet. Then I dab a tiny bit of Vaseline on it to smooth down any frayed ends. Never had a problem.

OCMomof3 likes this.
  9. Update: just snipped it off with clippers. I looked carefully and the end of the thread was like burnt (like a wax covering and it used to lay on top of an existing stitch, which just meant it was an extra thread). Saved my Chanel thank goodness!

OCMomof3, 3threebabies and ChanelMini like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice