Chanel Classic Flap, Lambskin in Medium...Loose Lining

ChloePanda168

Sep 4, 2015
Hi! My husband purchased me my first Classic Flap in medium, lambskin over the weekend and I didn't open it until last night. The lining on the bottom is loose, as though it wasn't glued down. I am worried that over time it will wear faster or there will be a hole at some point in the near future. I'm not particularly hard on my bags, but I want to ensure that I have this bag for a while. I tried looking for other threads, posts or blogs about this but haven't found much. Does anyone else have this issue or is this the norm now?

It's clear what you're saying and the leather lining is not supposed to be glued to the bottom of the bag, you are supposed to be able to lift it out.

Right! I've just always only seen flap bags with a flush or flat to the bag lining. I've never seen or felt it puff like this before.

ETA: It's puffier than it looks in the photo. I did go to the store and look at the 2 others they had in stock and they're not nearly as puffy but the exterior had some marks so I ended up keeping mine. I'll just get another flap later :smile:

Attachments

• 20170214_091841.jpg
    20170214_091841.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,002
Last edited:
Reactions: luvleeness
Hi people,
the same issue happened to me. I have just bought a double flap medium 2.55, caviar beige. I've noticed that, although the quality of the leather is ok, the lining on the bottom inside is loose and as a result the bottom appears to be bulging.
I own other 2.55 purchased some time ago, and I know that usually the leather of the lining is tight.
Now... I have bought the loose 2.55 at a Chanel boutique, so I am sure that it is original, but my concern is that the loose lining would be considered as a defect and it will loose value in the future.
I've searched around the Internet and it seems this is a known issue. Anyone with a similar experience? shall I change my bag and wait for a new one or just keep the one I have?WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 16.13.08.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 16.13.07.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 16.13.07 (2).jpeg

Mine is a bit like that too. This doesn't bother me. If everything else is perfect, I would keep it. There is no perfect bag. If u look closely, you will find a flaw somewhere. But it's up to you, good luck making decision.

Reactions: Adalgisa
The season’s minis are like that too, the interior is bubbled and does not seem attached to the bottom. Am keeping mine just because it is an inside flaw and have waited for it for a long time.

Hi, is there a technique in lifting up the lining? I'm checking a 15 series Jumbo Flap in Caviar and everything seems good except for the fact that I cannot pull out the lining.