Chanel Classic Flap (JUMBO) in Caviar or....others?

miss alice

Dogs Rule!!
O.G.
May 24, 2006
hey ladies,

you are right...Chanel is soooo addicting!! after i made my first purchase (medium classic flap in caviar) recently, im dying for more!!! hahahha.....

i went into Neiman today and my SA showed me a JUMBO classic flap in caviar..one with silver hardware, and the other with gold hardware. im thinking of gettingt he gold hardware one bc my medium size is silver...but, i want to know what you ladies think...do u think my next Chanel should be the classic flap in jumbo? i mean, it looks just like me medium one...or should i get something else?? any recommendations?

i have my eyes set on some of the gorgeous reissue that you ladies posted...my SA unfortunately can not locate them...she said Neiman didnt buy those...i guess i can just visit the Chanel stores to look as well.....decisions decisions...

sorry, i digress.....so, anwyays, i would looooveee for some of your opinions on my next Chanel purchase. im looking for a big bag (like jumbo size) for DAY TIME. would love to hear your ideas about whats the best new Chanel for this season! thanks in advance!!!

I am no help since I purcahsed the jumbo caviar clasic flap in black with silver hardware today! I am totally loving this bag!! Since you have something similar you might want to try a tote, bowler or hobo style. There are so many beautiful bags to choose from right now.

I have the jumbo black lambskin w/ gold hardware. Love it to death. Bellabags is correct, there are so many great bags right now it is hard to choose.

thanks for the response ladies!

and bellabags, CONGRATULATIONS on your new and BEAUTIFUL purchase!!! must be a stunner! hehe...

sigh..decisions..decisions....will keep u guys posted!!

Thanks, I am a recent flap convert. I was pleasantly surprised when I was at the boutique and tried it on with jeans & a black shirt and I was able to pull it off. It is definitely a staple in a girl's Chanel collection!

I am all about silver hardware. All my bags have it. I think it is dressy enough, but also is easier to be casual with. Black jumbo caviar w/silver is my workhorse bag.

I don't think you can have too many classic Chanel pieces. The jumbo flap is perfect for day. I have the dark brown with silver h/w and it holds quite a bit. All my essentials fit comfortably. I'd rather have multiples of a bag that is timeless than multiples of a bag that is trendy. Go for it!!

thanks ladies!

my SA at Neiman called before and said she already charged it for me, so i can pick it up anytime. i will probably pick it up tomorrow...and will post pics!!

i ended up getting the jumbo classic, in black with GOLD hardware. i agree with what some of u said about silver h/w...its really fabulous! i have the medium with silver h/w so i figured the jumbo can be gold..haha....

and, i guess u all are right, u cant get enough of the classics..afterall, Chanel is a classic! but...ughh.....my heart is still yearning for the REISSUE...lol.....my bank account is gonna SUFFER...BADLY!!!!! i have NO WILL POWER!!!:sad: