Chanel Classic Flap Jumbo - Chevron vs Diamond Quilt dilemma

Which is more durable?

• Total voters

Takotsubo

Jun 14, 2020
I am seeking opinions as to the durability of chevron quilting when compared with diamond quilting. I am specifically looking at getting a jumbo classic flap in caviar leather. I have worries that the chevron may not have the same structural integrity of the diamond and as such it may loose its shape over time. I am hoping that caviar may reduce this risk. Has anyone had a bag experience with chevron style chanel?

Appreciate any advice!

BrandSnob

May 2, 2014
DC/NYC
well, oftentimes chevron comes in calfskin, a classic caviar will be more durable than a chevron calfskin. If they’re both caviar I don’t think there would be much difference

Reactions: nashpoo

Tuned83

Apr 5, 2014
UK
I have both. Bought in the same year (2015). Wear on the lamb chevron is only slightly worse but I try to look after all my bags. Picture of the chevron from earlier this year for reference. 20200201_211209.jpg

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
I think they different quilting doesn’t affect the durability but the material you purchase it in might. Lambskin will need more care then caviar but because you’re looking for caviar, get which ever you one you like best.

Takotsubo

Jun 14, 2020
I have both. Bought in the same year (2015). Wear on the lamb chevron is only slightly worse but I try to look after all my bags. Picture of the chevron from earlier this year for reference. View attachment 4757338
Swoon! There goes my heart! Where the flap actually bends to open have you have any wear from five years of ownership? (I think I know what my heart wants!)

Tuned83

Apr 5, 2014
UK
I took some detailed pictures of my jumbo a couple of weeks ago. Any flap regardless of what is used to make it will crease. The lamb is just that bit more noticeable. Here's a picture from the back. Hope that helps

Attachments

Last edited:

Curvycajun

Sep 13, 2020
I am seeking opinions as to the durability of chevron quilting when compared with diamond quilting. I am specifically looking at getting a jumbo classic flap in caviar leather. I have worries that the chevron may not have the same structural integrity of the diamond and as such it may loose its shape over time. I am hoping that caviar may reduce this risk. Has anyone had a bag experience with chevron style chanel?

Appreciate any advice!
I have a Jumbo dB flap beige Chevron and I adore it! I’ve had zero issueS with structure or corners. It’s proven to just as durable as my caviar classic.i worry more of color transfer. I would buy the chevron again in a heartbeat! I’ve never seen another bag like mine which feels pretty special.