Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

I would exchange. The workmanship looks shoddy. I wouldn't accept this type of "quality" on any handbag, regardless of the price. I think if you are asking this question you are probably not too happy with this chain strap. Think of how many THOUSANDS of dollars this handbag costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LegacyFox
Hi everyone,

I purchased my first ever Chanel classic flap in the jumbo size a week before this quarantine hit us. I haven’t even been able to use it yet since everything is still closed in Los Angeles. Sadly the Chanel store shut down a week after I purchased my bag. Since I’ve had some extra time to only admire my bag with my eyes, I started to observe it a little more. I noticed the interior of the bag is not tight and smooth. It has some creasing/air bubbles. I also feel like my bag isn’t completely leveled on top when closed. Uneven maybe would be the better word. I keep reading it’s impossible to find the perfect classic flap since they are handmade via other threads. From my eyes, one side looks higher. I then started questioning: is my bag puffy enough, black enough, shiny enough?! I would love if it was darker, but caviar is not as black as lamb skin. I couldn’t choose lamb skin because I would use this as a daily bag. All these things are now coming to mind since I have just been staring at the bag since March. It is a 26 series. The question is, would this bother you? Is this normal? I love the bag, but I’m OCD so I notice everything.

Also - the store closed a week after I got it. I have 14 days to exchange which would mean I’d have another week after they reopen. There’s also been a price increase by 15% I believe since I purchased. If I wanted to exchange, they would honor the price I paid instead of the 15% increase correct?

I’m afraid if I go to the store, I’ll come across another imperfection that might be worse.

Ps: the bag looks more even when I button the second flap, but let’s be real who wants to do that every time they want to go in & out of their bag?

Thank you for your opinion! I hope everyone is doing well during this difficult time.

Attachments

• 073CAAB5-69CE-4330-AB3C-83F530C6A9AB.jpeg
    073CAAB5-69CE-4330-AB3C-83F530C6A9AB.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 494
  • EA7161B8-8266-4710-B0B9-CCECEE94CEAF.jpeg
    EA7161B8-8266-4710-B0B9-CCECEE94CEAF.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 491
Reactions: Datenightalone
I’m not crazy picky, but I CAN tell you this, from the picture you have posted your bag is shiny and puffy and beautiful. If the slight crookedness bothers you, then you can always go look at other bags at the store and see what you think. The thing is sometimes the same flap looks crooked and other times it doesn’t.

Also, my beige jumbo’s interior isn’t taut, but my black jumbo is. My red jumbo is taut. It threw me off at first, but I’m the end, nobody sees it and it still functions the exact same when items are in it.

Totally up to you, but I love the puffiness and shininess of your jumbo!!

I would return if I can. for the amount of $$ I put in to the bag, it NEEDS to be perfect.

I wouldn't mind the price, I know the price has gone up recently, but if you're okay with pre-owned you can always find a jumbo there. I do pay attention to details to every handbag I purchase, and simply put, for that amount of money I'm buying an "everyday art piece" much more beyond a bag.

I’m not crazy picky, but I CAN tell you this, from the picture you have posted your bag is shiny and puffy and beautiful. If the slight crookedness bothers you, then you can always go look at other bags at the store and see what you think. The thing is sometimes the same flap looks crooked and other times it doesn’t.

Also, my beige jumbo’s interior isn’t taut, but my black jumbo is. My red jumbo is taut. It threw me off at first, but I’m the end, nobody sees it and it still functions the exact same when items are in it.

Totally up to you, but I love the puffiness and shininess of your jumbo!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

I'm new to Chanel, but have many LV's, a Prada, YSL & Gucci. I wasn't sure if these things are normal. I only had an issue with my neverfull having a stitching flaw. I exchanged it, however it was such a pain to find a store that had any so I was driving all over town for it. It was very annoying. I'm sure the Chanel might be just as hard. When I got this bag, they had 2 other Jumbo's with the silver hardware for me to choose from. The mistake I made was only really inspecting the exterior. I quickly looked inside for scratches, but that is all.

I don't know why some are tight and some are baggy inside. I read on this forum somewhere that allegedly they are not supposed to be sewn down so you can pull the interior out? Sounds a bit odd!

It’s crooked enough to bother me! For that price, I don’t expect perfect but i also expect imperfections to not be so obvious. It is puffy and shiny though. I agree caviar black is never as black as lambskin

You said your bag was a 26-series? That seems a bit dated for a bag you just got from the store. Yours is a classic so there’s every possibility it was sitting in storage until now but it does seem a bit strange to me...

You said your bag was a 26-series? That seems a bit dated for a bag you just got from the store. Yours is a classic so there’s every possibility it was sitting in storage until now but it does seem a bit strange to me...

Yes 26. I didn’t check the series for the other 2 they showed me, but my main concern was none of the bags had the blue sticker on it. I ended up going with the bag that looked the shiniest to me. This bag didn’t have a blue sticker on the CC lock, but it had a sticker on the inside plate that sits on top of the CC.