Chanel classic flap - inner flap creases and popper not straight

Lindra

Oct 10, 2020
Hi,
I’ve got this beautiful preloved red medium Chanel classic flap from VC, but the double C flap inside creases and the popper isn’t straight (I.e. the word “Chanel” is on the left and “Paris” is on the right, instead of having chanel on the top and Paris at the bottom). Is it normal for authentic medium class flap to have these issues?F8C49EB1-3094-40AC-8D0C-69A2600CCB81.jpegD7D13458-436C-4738-A7FB-781403819753.jpeg48DF4CAC-651A-41D6-862F-14166AD0FF9C.jpegA7F59E85-FC80-4AF1-812B-4A38165925EF.jpeg

Hi! I recently purchased a preloved jumbo flap and I noticed that I am able to pull out the inner lining of the leather of the front part. Is this normal? It's series 16. Also, what can you advice to fix the peel offs in the inner lining? Can this be fixed without recoloring/replacing the inner lining? 20210817_052301000_iOS.jpg

Hi! I recently purchased a preloved jumbo flap and I noticed that I am able to pull out the inner lining of the leather of the front part. Is this normal? It's series 16. Also, what can you advice to fix the peel offs in the inner lining? Can this be fixed without recoloring/replacing the inner lining? View attachment 5166946
Hi! I responded to another thread that you posted on but only about being able to pull out the lining. It is normal to be able to pull out the inner lining.
As for how to fix the peeling inside, I'd ask leather Surgeons or someone similar to see if they can fix it and what that entails (dye, etc). The previous owner must have put items like keys and stuff in there. I have a 16 series jumbo that I purchased from the boutique in 2012 and mine looks fine....but I always put my keys or anything with sharp corners in another pouch to prevent this kind of peeling/scratching of the inner lining. I would advise to do that going forward to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Hi! I recently purchased a preloved jumbo flap and I noticed that I am able to pull out the inner lining of the leather of the front part. Is this normal? It's series 16. Also, what can you advice to fix the peel offs in the inner lining? Can this be fixed without recoloring/replacing the inner lining? View attachment 5166946
LeatherPros did an amazing job of fixing peeling inside the pocket of my small vintage Classic flap. Highly recommend them!

Hi! I responded to another thread that you posted on but only about being able to pull out the lining. It is normal to be able to pull out the inner lining.
As for how to fix the peeling inside, I'd ask leather Surgeons or someone similar to see if they can fix it and what that entails (dye, etc). The previous owner must have put items like keys and stuff in there. I have a 16 series jumbo that I purchased from the boutique in 2012 and mine looks fine....but I always put my keys or anything with sharp corners in another pouch to prevent this kind of peeling/scratching of the inner lining. I would advise to do that going forward to make sure it doesn't get worse.
thanks so much!!! you're a great help! I thought I was only paranoid about the pull out but it's a relief to know that it's normal.

I guess I have to bring the bag to a leather doctor. Hopefully there's not much of retouching needed cos I want to retain as much of its original quality.

Thanks so much again!! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ashin121