Chanel Classic Flap Hack!

Feb 19, 2016
I'm not sure if this is considered sacrilege but ever since I bought my Med Classic Flap I've been wishing for a solution to wear the bag as a true cross body every once in a while. I scoured the forum but couldn't find a real solution. So I gave it some thought and being rather crafty, I made myself a removable chain that converts the bag to a cross body! It's made with a sturdy chain and large lobster clasp I found at the craft store and viola, I've hacked my bag and I'm now even more obsessed with it!

When I attach it I can wear the bag with the original straps hanging down, which looks cool, or I can tuck the excess chain away inside the flap and it looks a little more streamlined.

Hope this doesn't offend any Chanel aficionados but I'm pleased with it and I thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested! Cost me probably $15 and it feels incredibly sturdy to me!

Let me know what you think!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459974657.211600.jpg

Aerolite

Sep 5, 2006
I think it's cute, looks like the chain matches pretty well. The only thing I'd personally change is finding a way to remove the o-rings. It reminds me a lot of the double carry!

If you love it and it works for you then that's great!

Feb 19, 2016
I think it's cute, looks like the chain matches pretty well. The only thing I'd personally change is finding a way to remove the o-rings. It reminds me a lot of the double carry!

If you love it and it works for you then that's great!

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I removed the big O rings and now it's much sleeker!

Feb 19, 2016
Sep 26, 2009
Hi Miss Trenchcoat!

I really like this idea! Question: is the lobster clasp large enough to close when it goes through the grommets? Or is it just partially closed?

Thanks for answering my question. :flowers: