Chanel Classic Flap Hack!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm not sure if this is considered sacrilege but ever since I bought my Med Classic Flap I've been wishing for a solution to wear the bag as a true cross body every once in a while. I scoured the forum but couldn't find a real solution. So I gave it some thought and being rather crafty, I made myself a removable chain that converts the bag to a cross body! It's made with a sturdy chain and large lobster clasp I found at the craft store and viola, I've hacked my bag and I'm now even more obsessed with it!

When I attach it I can wear the bag with the original straps hanging down, which looks cool, or I can tuck the excess chain away inside the flap and it looks a little more streamlined.

Hope this doesn't offend any Chanel aficionados but I'm pleased with it and I thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested! Cost me probably $15 and it feels incredibly sturdy to me!

Let me know what you think!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459974657.211600.jpg

2. I think it's cute, looks like the chain matches pretty well. The only thing I'd personally change is finding a way to remove the o-rings. It reminds me a lot of the double carry!

If you love it and it works for you then that's great!

3. +1

4. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I removed the big O rings and now it's much sleeker!

5. Hi Miss Trenchcoat!

I really like this idea! Question: is the lobster clasp large enough to close when it goes through the grommets? Or is it just partially closed?

Thanks for answering my question. :flowers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice