Chanel Classic Flap 29 series....

Wow! My jumbo is also a 27 series. To be honest, I loved it because I got it from Rue Cambon, but deep down I worried whether the caviar was black enough or whether the quilts were puffy enough. But seeing your 27 compared to the 29 caviar makes me love my 27 all over again!
View attachment 4744149

This is my 29 series lambskin classic flap. I'm absolutely loving the 29's lambskin and how well it absorbs the red.

View attachment 4744155
View attachment 4744159
Hi. I just bought the same red lambskin classic as you from 29 series from timelesslikeaudrey ig. I just wonder that why first number on Holo sticker is too close to the rim. Is it usual?

Screenshot_20200718-203408.png

Last edited:
Hi. I just bought the same red lambskin classic as you from 29 series from timelesslikeaudrey ig. I just wonder that why first number on Holo sticker is too close to the rim. Is it usual?

View attachment 4796042

I don't think it's unusual and TimelessLuxury is reputable. If you're worried, you should get it authenticated with Zeko Authentication. She's super reputable and quick, from what I understand!

3523BC16-A340-4509-B102-FEB190B1A8E0.jpeg
Hey there !! This picture is of a 26 series on the left and a 28 series (mine) on the right , compared AFTER my purchase at my local boutique months later . The 26 series was a beautiful sturdy matte caviar , where as my 28 series is very much more plastic and soft feeling . I just purchased the 28 series bag back in January of 2020 and feel like I’ve had nothing but problems with this 28 series. It just doesn’t feel as substantial as the matte heavy caviar . I feel like I got a dud of a handbag . I only looked at this one bag and purchased it without looking at every last single detail, in the boutique in San Francisco. It’s already been sent to Chanel After-Sales team , and I feel like it was manhandled , especially the top flap . It wrinkles SO BADLY on the back on the bag now when opened , which it never did before , and I’m assuming it’s caused by the After-Sales team examining the whole bag for issues and opening it up widely. It’s like compared to cracking open a brand new book and hearing the spine snap . There is horrible creasing and wrinkled quilting along the back of the bag now . They also packaged by bag with the chain straps wrapped in paper ( good idea ) but wrapped them tightly to the bag with tissue paper applying pressure to the top quilts when I opened them they were basically flat, I had to work them back into place and now the zipper inside is like folding into itself from said pressure .
Sure my initial problem was “fixed” and the After-Sales team deemed everything to be up to “Chanel” standards . I have only had this bag for 8 months and used it maybe 5 times , the plastic is still on the hardware . What choice do I have at this point ? It has not been the full year but Chanel has basically said there’s nothing wrong with it . What can I do ? Thoughts ?5B6BD5BD-8DCB-435A-A78C-5AB15C4105CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Your jumbo is beautiful to me. The quilts are puffy and have a sheen. I personally like the soft shiny caviar more than the stiff matte caviar. I guess that you prefer the latter.

All of my classic flaps do have wrinkles when the flap is opened all the way like that even though the degree of wrinkles varies from bag to bag. But, wrinkles will disappear when the flap is closed. Does yours have wrinkled lines when you close?

I don't know why you sent your bag to the After-Sales team. BTW, I have never heard the After-Sales team. If they want to check your bag, they should just see the pictures or videos. I think that you should sell your bag and get a matte caviar jumbo as you desire. Since there was a price increase last March, you should not lose much money.

Hi, here’s my first chanel before price increase in May :yahoo:
It looks matte / shiny depending on the light. 29 series MIF small cf.
4E7F002D-86AF-44A0-9F85-2DAC6A9BE503.jpeg
BFABF0B6-3D1B-4EE6-8BEE-FFC4F0DD624A.jpeg
I also wanted to check in with you ladies if there’s anyting i could apply or do with this tiny scratch on the inner flap? I just noticed it recently when direct light hits it and only when im checking on the sides, if that makes sense. Looking at it upfront, i really can’t tell that there’s a scratch. Thank you!
6F57EB6D-B3B7-4DDD-879E-A3ACED3320A8.jpeg
427373CB-036F-4038-907E-7570C4FC7E54.png

Hi,

Sorry for lack of knowledge but does anyone of you owned a chanel lambskin medium double flap in 27,28 or 29? Coz I just bought one in 28series, everything looks good but the zipper has an EP logo. Please help? Anyt thoughts?