Chanel Classic Double Flap - Black or Burgundy Lining?

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
I'm so confused about why some bags have black and others have burgundy leather lining. My SA says all Classic Double Flaps, except the SO Black ones, would have the burgundy leather lining. Can anyone shed some light on why some do have black leather lining even though they are authentic?

I'm so confused about why some bags have black and others have burgundy leather lining. My SA says all Classic Double Flaps, except the SO Black ones, would have the burgundy leather lining. Can anyone shed some light on why some do have black leather lining even though they are authentic?

The SA is mistaken. I owned a violet lambskin medium CF that did *not* have a second color as the lining. I think it was a 2012 model.

Lol you know you’ve been around for too long when the black lining in caviar bags are considered vintage now. Used to be different for caviar (black) and lamb (burgundy) until they start doing burgundy for caviar. for some reason I thought it was 2013 but someone mentioned 2010 so I could be wrong.