CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hey guys, recently been tempted to buy a pair of vintage Chanel shoes. I still need to see them in person, but I have no experience with Chanel products at all. Can anyone give me their experience or some perspective?

I saw this on Reddit. What woc is this? Is it caviar?View attachment 5780071

It is caviar’ Not sure if it was considered a WOC or a phone holder. It’s a great design, and actually has two sections & card slots. I was thrilled to find something that could hold my phone on one side & my glasses in the other. I just got it a week ago & already wore it while traveling! Tbh I wasn’t too sure about the “charm” but it’s well done, and adds to the design. Price was steep for a SLG, $4400 USD, but I always find WOCs a challenge so that was a terrific alternative. Also saw it in pink when I got my white one. Hope that helps!

IMG_9345.jpeg

It is caviar’ Not sure if it was considered a WOC or a phone holder. It’s a great design, and actually has two sections & card slots. I was thrilled to find something that could hold my phone on one side & my glasses in the other. I just got it a week ago & already wore it while traveling! Tbh I wasn’t too sure about the “charm” but it’s well done, and adds to the design. Price was steep for a SLG, $4400 USD, but I always find WOCs a challenge so that was a terrific alternative. Also saw it in pink when I got my white one. Hope that helps!

View attachment 5784766
I like the new style woc as you can shoulder carry it and you can wear it crossbody. I agree the price was steep for a 'slg' but because of the mulitple ways you can wear it without having to tie the strap or do all sorts of things to alter the strap, I'd say it was worth it. I felt the same about the bag charm but it does feel substantial doesn't it? I have the light pink one and I adore it. I thought about getting the white one but I stopped myself but your pic is making me think I should get it! I feel this is the sleeper bag that no one has really caught on just yet.

Last edited:
I like the new style woc as you can shoulder carry it and you can wear it crossbody. I agree the price was steep for a 'slg' but because of the mulitple ways you can wear it without having to tie the strap or do all sorts of things to alter the strap, I'd say it was worth it. I felt the same about the bag charm but it does feel substantial doesn't it? I have the light pink one and I adore it. I thought about getting the white one but I stopped myself but your pick is making me think I should get it! I feel this is the sleeper bag that no one has really caught on just yet.

Ironically, I had to talk myself out of second one!!!! I really struggle with WOCs and bought several I never reached for, and then this bag I couldn't wait to wear! It sits higher on me than the classic WOC, which tend to be too long on my 5'1" frame - and reduces the chance of color transfer. The ability to double the chain to wear as a shoulder bag definitely pushed it to a "YES" for me. I agree it's a bit of a sleeper, but totally agree with you that it feels worth the price! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: lvchanellvr
Hi guys! I’m considering buying a vintage for around £3.3k. Problem is it has been redyed and the clasp slightly shows that… it’s a pretty mint green color now though. Do you think the redyed vintage is worth that price and is it too risky to buy? Should I hold off? Attaching photos of the defects - couple of scratches inside and the clasp is slightly black.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.jpeg
    IMG_2056.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2055.jpeg
    IMG_2055.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 42
Hi guys! I’m considering buying a vintage for around £3.3k. Problem is it has been redyed and the clasp slightly shows that… it’s a pretty mint green color now though. Do you think the redyed vintage is worth that price and is it too risky to buy? Should I hold off? Attaching photos of the defects - couple of scratches inside and the clasp is slightly black.

Personally, I’d hold off.

I think redyed bags are tricky - affects the value if you ever want to resell and more importantly, the work might affect the quality and wear of the bag as time passes.

View attachment 5784766
Can you share what the name of this item is? I’m obsessed.

Hey everyone!

What is the processes like for buying a mini flap? An SA at the Boutique told me that they are all out of stock in the country besides in Saks NY (which she said cannot be purchased through a boutique). I know bags arrive at random times, but do you have any tips for acquisition? I don’t have an SA, I usually just buy from the person who approaches me first.

(In March, I purchased a CF at NM in Houston. Last weekend @ the boutique, I bought a small o-case, and got ballet flats shipped to me. They were my consolation prizes for no mini flap)

Also please correct me, but the CF from NM does not “count” as a past transaction for remote buying?

Thanks a lot ladies! I’ve been looking at these forums since I was a kid web surfing on my mother’s blackberry.

For those who have the WOC without the chain running across the inside of the flap but rather on the ends outside.. how do you adjust your chains to make it shorter? I just received my little hooks and my bag looks so weird with the chain adjusted :S I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Has anyone scratched the light gold hardware (turnlock knob) badly? Mine grazed up against a wall and I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to polish and fix it myself or if I should let it be. See pic. Let me know thoughts!

View attachment 5788086
So sorry this happened to you. I have never tried to fix the scratch on my own, but is it a scratch? Or the gold plated faded?. If it’s the latest, personally I would send it to the handbag spa. If it’s a scratch, and this was my handbag, (please take this advice at your own risk), I would try to clean it with a jewelry soft cloth cleaner to polish the scratch a little. If you do not feel comfortable, the best option is to send it to the leather and spa professionals. GL